How to Limit a Free Product once to a client ?

• 5 months later...
I don't know if it's v7 compatible, but you could try the free module below. :idea:

https://github.com/Jetserver/WHMCS-Product-Limiter

Just tested this with 7.2.3 and it DOES NOT work.

Getting the following errors:

BadFunctionCallException: mysql_free_result is not supported in /home/username/public_html/includes/dbcompatfunctions.php:0

Stack trace:

#0 /home/username/public_html/modules/addons/limit_purchase/functions.php(21): mysql_free_result(Object(PDOStatement))

#1 /home/username/public_html/modules/addons/limit_purchase/functions.php(9): limit_purchase->loadConfig()

#2 /home/username/public_html/modules/addons/limit_purchase/limit_purchase.php(91): limit_purchase->__construct()

#3 [internal function]: limit_purchase_output(Array)

#4 /home/username/public_html/admin-login/addonmodules.php(0): call_user_func('limit_purchase_...', Array)

#5 {main}

works for me on v7.2.3 using Six & Standard_cart - e.g., setup a product with a limit of 1...

BtOPSxg.png

then go to the cart and try to add two of these products, click checkout and it correctly outputs the error message and prevents checkout occurring...

4CIFGJk.png

remove the second product and checkout works as normal. :idea:

I guess your problem will be that you're using PHP7 (i'm testing with 5.5 on the dev currently) and so mysql_free_result has been removed...

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-free-result.php

Warning

This extension was deprecated in PHP 5.5.0, and it was removed in PHP 7.0.0. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include:

so long-term, it's definitely going to fail if it's isn't rewritten to use mysqli or PDO... short term, if you're not using PHP7 (or possibly 5.6), it should work fine.

that could be one of those "how long is a piece of string" questions!

either way, I suspect the answer is somewhere between the two... more than a couple of tweaks, but not quite a complete rewrite... the core addon works, so it's just a case of tweaking the SQL method.