Use of two accounts on the same server - any problems?

jakesmalley

Question

We have a lifetime license (I believe that's what it's called) for WHMCS. I need to migrate this to a different server. Because of a number of different issues & complications, it may be easier to purchase a separate license to see if I can get it working on the new server.

Can I purchase a license to see if I can get WHMCS working, then cancel that & re-issue the license for our lifetime account on the same server?

I can clarify further if this doesn't make sense.

Actually, to be clear, I want to use two accounts & two different licenses at different times on the same WHMCS instance.

2 answers to this question

if your lifetime license is from WHMCS directly, how about getting a free developers license from them? that will give you a second license to test your installation on the new server... you can't use it commercially, but it would allow you to test on the new server, while the lifetime license is still used on the old server.

if the tests go well, you can always update your configuration file on the new server and reissue the lifetime license to it. :idea: