WHMCS and Two PayPal Accounts

Beltane

Hello,

I have recently purchased some web hosting clients and took over their PayPal account. Currently I have WHMCS set up with my initial PayPal account. I cannot add two PayPal accounts to the WHMCS, I cannot merge the two PayPal accounts. (See below. nothing about merging or importing/exporting customers from one to the other.)

https://www.paypal.com/ca/selfhelp/article/How-do-I-merge-2-PayPal-accounts-FAQ969

How do I merge 2 PayPal accounts?

To merge or combine 2 PayPal accounts, you need to:

Choose which account to keep and which account to close.

Send any money from the account you are closing to the account you are keeping.

Remove your bank account and credit card information from the account you are closing.

Close the old account.

I also could not find online anything about merging customers of two PayPal accounts and calling PayPal three times asking these questions did not help either.

So my question is if I set up the WHMCS for the second account do the PayPal subscriptions follow? (I only have two clients that use PayPal on my original PayPal account and there are many on the second PayPal account.)

Does anybody know of a way to merge two PayPal accounts?

Are the PayPal subscriptions held in the individual's account, the whmcs, or the newly purchased PayPal account?

Michael

I cannot add two PayPal accounts to the WHMCS

it might be possible to have two Paypal accounts in WHMCS, if you are prepared to pay WHMCS to create a duplicate Paypal addon for you - read the thread below.

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?120066-Using-2-different-accounts-with-the-same-payment-gateway-module

the thread concerned another gateway, but I assume the same principle would apply equally to Paypal.

That would be a good idea but PayPal does not allow multiple accounts if you are using the same bank account. That is one of the primary reasons I'm trying to go back to one.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is another quick question. I have changed the email address on the new PayPal account but forgot to change the email address in the PayPal gateway settings. I have nine past due invoices now. Not sure if the payments could not go through or if it was simply because they didn't pay. Although I had one customer show me a receipt of a successful payment to the wrong email address that I show no record of receiving.

My question is that will these past due invoices try to charge again while I have the correct email address on both the PayPal account and the gateway settings if they are set up as recurring payments?

My question is that will these past due invoices try to charge again while I have the correct email address on both the PayPal account and the gateway settings if they are set up as recurring payments?

a good question that i'm unsure of the answer to... although it might be worth checking out the documentation below and also your logs to see if there are any errors in there.

http://docs.whmcs.com/PayPal#Invalid_Receiver_Email

• 2 years later...