Credit Card Expiry Date Displays Incorrectly (Stripe)

gbotica

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is just an issue with the new Stripe module (I don't use any other credit card payment module), or just credit card dislpay in general, but the credit card expiry date on saved cards displays incorrectly - both in the client area and in the WHMCS Admin.

For example, an expiry date '8/19' displays as '81/9' (screenshot attached).

I've checked in my Stripe dashboard and all appears to be fine, the correct expiry date is displayed there.

Is this a known bug?

stripe card expiry date error.png

stripe card expiry date error 2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a real nightmare... this is still not fixed, and no Hot Fix is available, per WHMCS Support. Every night, I have 5 to 15 failed transactions... nearly all due to the Expiration Date somehow getting stored as MY/Y instead of MM/YY.

I'm told that a fix is on the horizon and will be in the next release of WHMCS, whenever that is. Crossing fingers, as this is very embarrassing for us, since customers are being told their credit card is no good, when it's just fine... it's a bug.

- Scott

This is a real nightmare... this is still not fixed, and no Hot Fix is available, per WHMCS Support. Every night, I have 5 to 15 failed transactions... nearly all due to the Expiration Date somehow getting stored as MY/Y instead of MM/YY.

I'm told that a fix is on the horizon and will be in the next release of WHMCS, whenever that is. Crossing fingers, as this is very embarrassing for us, since customers are being told their credit card is no good, when it's just fine... it's a bug.

- Scott

Can you let me know the ticket number for the ticket you opened please Scott so I can tag your ticket for when a fix is released

Every night, I have 5 to 15 failed transactions... nearly all due to the Expiration Date somehow getting stored as MY/Y instead of MM/YY

ScottN,

I'm surprised (and sorry) to hear that your credit card transactions are failing, my understanding was that this was a display issue only, and that actual credit card expiry date was stored correctly. At least, that is the case with my experience ... I haven't had any transactions fail as a result of this, just confused customers!

• 4 months later...
Hi ScottN,

... I can however confirm that this will be fixed in the next version we release.

It looks like this is still not fixed in v7.2.3? Any ETA on a fix -- c'mon this is a serious bug and is confusing customers a lot.