Tons of spam lately which figured out how to enter the recaptcha!

Teknikl

Hey all

im getting these wierd support tickets with what appears to be estonian status levels?? anyone seen anything like this? Priority Keskmine and Status Ava?

any ideas how I can keep these from coming in?

Sugutpn,

Thank you for contacting our support team. A support ticket has now been opened for your request. You will be notified when a response is made by email. The details of your ticket are shown below.

Subject: Hogar, Berek, Lukar and Ressel South georgia and the south sa

Priority: Keskmine

Given that the user mentioned, recaptcha, I think it's safe to say that they meant recaptcha. That's not the most secure system, but it's not horrible, either.

That said, a few tips:

#1: Wherever possible, tick the 'Clients Only' option. This will work for everything but sales, abuse, contact.

#2: For the ones that do not require login, tick the option to 'Pipe Replies Only'. Force the person to use the contact form

#3: For those that do not require login, tick the 'No Autoresponder' option. This will reduce the chance of your system being sent to RBLs

#4: If you are accepting mail for those not requiring 'clients only', then you need something like ASSP to sort out the mess. This will sit on top of your MTA (exim for cPanel servers), check a number of things (rbls, bayes, quite a few other tricks), and score the message. I rarely see anything slip past my spambox and into my inbox that shouldn't be there.

• 2 weeks later...