eNom DNS Management - extra line being added with bogus info

ScottN

I've noticed recently that when a customer uses the DNS Management menu option to edit DNS entries for their eNom domain (that uses eNom's free DNS service), a bug has appeared. When the user clicks DNS Management to view/edit the DNS entries, after their legitimate DNS entries, there is a new line being added, with a single digit number appearing in the 'host name' column, and the same number appears in the 'address' column. This number is usually equal to the number of DNS entries the customer has.

See the attached screen shot, to give a better idea of the issue:

dns-management.gif

The worst part about this bug is that if the customer tries to edit any of their normal DNS entries, it will result in an error UNLESS they first ERASE the bogus numbers being added at the bottom!

I am seeing this in 6.3.1 and also 7.0.3. Anyone else?

- Scott

Hey ScottN,

Thanks for your post on the community forums.

We are aware of this change, it appears its related to the eNom API and have a case opened under the reference CORE-10857 we'll post to http://changelog.whmcs.com once we push a fix.

Effectively an extra entry is being returned that counts the total number of Host Records in the list (hence the 5) I've updated the case to include this forum post and the information that you have provided

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the update, Chris! Maybe case reference MODULE-6371 (broken eNom Email Forwarding, case opened over 10 months ago) could be worked on at the same time, since they both involve the eNom API?

- Scott

Hey ScottN,

Thanks for your reply, I can see CORE-10857 is under active development, i've added a note to MODULE-6371 so the team are aware of this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ChrisD. I just wanted to let you know that after upgrading to 7.1.2, eNom DNS Management is now nearly completely broken. Instead of the annoying extra line that was appearing, now WHMCS only displays the FIRST line of DNS entries... all other entries are truncated, making WHMCS management of DNS totally broken (unless you only needed one DNS entry, which is not likely). I'll be opening a new ticket on this issue.

- Scott

I am VERY please to say that WHMCS has researched the eNom DNS Management issues and they have released a hotfox for WHMCS 7.1.2. I was able to install the patch and my eNom DNS issues have been resolved. Here is the email I received from WHMCS Tech Support today:

I'm pleased to advise that we have an immediate fix available and I am attaching it to my reply. Please unzip this attachment and place the files in your WHMCS directory. If asked to overwrite any files please do. For reference we’ve assigned this particular issue within WHMCS a case number, CORE-10925.

I'm pretty sure if you open a ticket with WHMCS, they will supply you with the .zip file that they sent me. It only contained 3 files.

- Scott