Where is the good old cron information ?

chrismfz

same with me, I've wits with this problem also I've set a cron accordance with the instructions but no results always get a notification WHMCS Daily System Cron Attention Needed what happend with WHMCS? lates update bad cron system :?:

Kang28Ivan,

Please open a support ticket with our team so we can track down what is causing this, what version of 7 are you running? Do you have the Automation Time under Setup -> Automation Settings matching when your cron runs?

Kang28Ivan,

Please open a support ticket with our team so we can track down what is causing this, what version of 7 are you running? Do you have the Automation Time under Setup -> Automation Settings matching when your cron runs?

I running whmcs version: 7.1.2, on 7.1.1 never get email notifications "WHMCS Daily System Cron Attention Needed" but after upgrade to 7.1.2 I got an email every few minutes.

Please see this screenshot http://prnt.sc/ek5yez , http://prnt.sc/ek5x89 and this cron on my servers http://prntscr.com/ek5yqi

The Issue that I am having is to do with dedicated servers, the system attempts to suspend the services. The Cron fails as it's supposed to, manual suspension is required.

However, when you click the link on Overdue suspension on the failed ones, it comes up with a window with nothing.

Alternatively a solution would be needed, this works perfectly find for failed suspended VPS services, and they do show up in the queue.

Alternatively a solution would be needed...

Or, they could just give us the option of receiving the "legacy" daily cron summary email, which fully documented everything in one simple email, that took care of all of our needs.

- Scott

Same here, missing useful information, but also It never sends third and last reminders, any one has the same problem?

Hey Kran,

That doesn't sound right, can you check you have these enabled in your Automation Settings under Setup -> Automation Settings, in addition check your Activity Logs to see if there are any errors listed in there.

I miss the total income in the home page, now you have a widget that shows the Billing made for that month and year and all time but now how much you are making actually in the present with all products active, no glance on the current performance in terms of total income.

I agree on the cron issue. The new emails are nice and fancy but seems like made for marketing, not really useful for system administrators if they have to click and play hide and seek with the information. Having to click several times is bad in usability in particular when this information was right there in the email and now its gone. Everyone likes nice graphs but you still have to combine them with useful information. Since v7 I have no idea how my business is performing in general unless I go to the reports. I want to see that information on the dashboard.

I miss the total income in the home page, now you have a widget that shows the Billing made for that month and year and all time but now how much you are making actually in the present with all products active, no glance on the current performance in terms of total income.

do you mean the old Income Forecast widget?

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?122494-Income-Forecast-Admin-Widget-missing-after-upgrade-to-WHMCS-7-1-0

Yes. Exactly. Thank you. Why would they even remove this? I found this very useful as a general view and was probably the thing I looked the most.

I hope WHMCS updates this widget, at least as optional for those that want to activate it.

The code seems to be using the mysql_fetch_array in several parts which is already deprecated so I suspect it may be stop working in future versions :( but for now at least its good to have it back in my dashboard. I'm talking about the income_forecast one.

Edited by yggdrasil

• 2 months later...

WHMCS Staff: How on earth do I even find out who was suspended!!! My modules are written correctly, so the suspensions occur properly, but I don't know who was actually suspended without searching through 1000 entries in the activity log!!! Your CRON job email is absolutely useless, the web page it links to is 100% useless.

Unlike WHMCS I value my clients and if they are suspended, my staff are instructed to review the CRON job email and call suspended clients and let them know. How can I do that if I have no idea who is suspended??

I need an immediate patch or file update to return to the old CRON job email as it's not possible to downgrade WHMCS.

Thank you in advance,

Will Kruss

How on earth do I even find out who was suspended!!!

Will, if you are using cPanel, you can have WHM send you an email when there is a suspension (and unsuspension) occur. This is done under Server Contacts > Contact Manager > Notifications -- look for "Account suspensions" and "Account UnSuspensions" and configure appropriately.

Another option is to have WHMCS BCC you on every email that it sends out. I do this, so I get a copy of the email that the customer receives when the account is Suspended.

Your CRON job email is absolutely useless, the web page it links to is 100% useless.

Agreed, 100%.

- Scott

• 2 months later...

I appreciate we're banging our heads against a brick wall but there is a feature request open to go back to the old style of cron email if anyone wants to vote it up: (for the good it'll do)

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/restore-the-previous-style-of-cron-job-email-template

We, like others in this thread, have products set up that don't have any associated module (Dedicated Servers, SSL Certs, etc) so nothing was showing in the module queue for failed suspensions and terminations. The only way we found to be notified of these failed suspensions and terminations was to assign the following module to each product:

https://docs.whmcs.com/Auto_Release

You can then have it open a ticket when a service needs manually suspending or terminating but it's a PITA having to do this and just increases the workload and number of tickets you have to deal with.

A much better solution would be for WHMCS to go back to providing us with useful actionable info in the daily cron email.

• 1 month later...

Voted! The information on the new cron email is useless! It is much  more important to know at a glance which account has been suspended, which reminders have been sent to which client, not now many services have been run! We can see that in the automation page in admin if we want to.

Please bring the old email back!!! :1296_raised_hands_tone2::1296_raised_hands_tone2::1296_raised_hands_tone2: