mass remove dead "inactive" Client/members - anyone have a solution ?

SportsGalore

Hi All,

It seems that there isn't a way to mass remove inactive client accounts from within Whmcs, (i mean accounts that have signed up but just have 0/0 for products or services) but does anyone have a solution to this instead of having to manually go through every inactive account and hit the delete button for each ?

any info / tip or solution would be appreciated as I want to keep my DB tidy!

I really think this ability should be included in the next update and a cron for remove/delete inactive accounts after 60 days would resolve it for all instead of inactive users taking up space in the tables.

Thanks

Inactive clients can be removed by running a sql query. However, I would not recommend it as it would leave several logs with no client details.

I have heard a rumour that a feature to hide all Inactive clients is underway.

Inactive clients won't take too much space in your db.

Inactive clients can be removed by running a sql query. However, I would not recommend it as it would leave several logs with no client details.

I have heard a rumour that a feature to hide all Inactive clients is underway.

Inactive clients won't take too much space in your db.

Thanks for the reply, seems odd that we have optimise database options, but the most basic of housekeeping tasks like keeping our system clean of unused accounts is not possible...It's not a space saving option, more towards keeping a tidy platform thats all :)

I'm sure the powers that be at whmcs could slot in some automation for this, it can do everything else perfectly, but it cannot mass remove fake or unused accounts created.....seems odd thats all

Keep in mind that this is probably something you don't want to do for a number of reasons!

Historically, you need to keep invoices, for your own purposes, and for client purposes. Those invoices are tied to client id's.

Just because WHMCS thinks a client is 'inactive', doesn't actually mean they're really inactive. For example:

A client is only 'active', if they have an active service, or product. So, if you have clients that come to you periodically for one off services, you would be forcing them to re-register as well.

Best advice? Leave the inactive clients alone. They're not harming anyone, and it's likely you'll need their information down the road.

Keep in mind that this is probably something you don't want to do for a number of reasons!

Historically, you need to keep invoices, for your own purposes, and for client purposes. Those invoices are tied to client id's.

Just because WHMCS thinks a client is 'inactive', doesn't actually mean they're really inactive. For example:

A client is only 'active', if they have an active service, or product. So, if you have clients that come to you periodically for one off services, you would be forcing them to re-register as well.

Best advice? Leave the inactive clients alone. They're not harming anyone, and it's likely you'll need their information down the road.

All my services on cart are subscriptions using full automation, if there is someone with an inactive account without any invoice thats just a record/client table i don't need to keep (or at least have the option to purge) I guess i'm just wanting a way to separate the active "paid" clients from the bogus clients and dummy emails some try to sign up as just to "look" and do nothing else, just would be nice to do a bit of housekeeping and clear out any records that are:

1 not verified their email,

2 have no invoice past or present

3 are inactive

the three things above together are just a client name/record I just don't need to keep & helps me keep it tidy thats all :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...