The system cron does not appear to have completed successfully within the last 24 hours.

I moved my crons dir up one directory non-public , but keep getting this error in the system health section.

My config has the path:

$crons_dir = '/home/username/crons/'; #Username was replaced with the username.

And in the crons dir I have the file config.php with the variable whmcspath pointing to the path of the whmcs install; My cron is setup firing 0 5 * * * php -q /home/username/crons/cron.php

(replaced username with proper user)

Any ideas why I keep getting this message in system health? This is latest version 7.1.0. (release.1)

Hi Chris D.,

I have the same issue/ message that the daily system cron did not execute as expected.

My Health Status Summary says that the system cron has completed successfully within the last 24 hours and I do receive an email that all cron automation tasks have completed successfully. Automation settings show cron status ok. However, I also receive another email saying that the daily system cron did not execute as expected - WHMCS Daily System Cron Attention Needed.

I did set the cron job to run every hour and I've increased my maximum execution time and memory limit.

When running the cron manually via SSH, I get the following:

Executing Application Queue:

0/1

Ticket escalation rule

1/1

Executing System Queue:

No tasks to execute in queue.

(OK) complete

Followed by several ‘command not found’ entries.

I'm running out of ideas. Is the cron executing or not and why do I get mixed reports?

Thanks for your help.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Chris D.,

I have the same issue/ message that the daily system cron did not execute as expected.

My Health Status Summary says that the system cron has completed successfully within the last 24 hours and I do receive an email that all cron automation tasks have completed successfully. Automation settings show cron status ok. However, I also receive another email saying that the daily system cron did not execute as expected - WHMCS Daily System Cron Attention Needed.

I did set the cron job to run every hour and I've increased my maximum execution time and memory limit.

When running the cron manually via SSH, I get the following:

Executing Application Queue:

0/1

Ticket escalation rule

1/1

Executing System Queue:

No tasks to execute in queue.

(OK) complete

Followed by several ‘command not found’ entries.

I'm running out of ideas. Is the cron executing or not and why do I get mixed reports?

Thanks for your help.

add this to the cron after /cron.php

skip --TicketEscalations >/dev/null 2>&1