After upgrading to v7 domain suggessions have gone.

snowdragon4311

Hi,

Could you please post a screenshot of your Setup > Domain Pricing page so we may review the settings.

It's also worth checking Utilities > Logs > Activity Log at the time of performing a domain check for any errors.

Hi JOhn,

here it is

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0df67lny24

in logs, i see only this error

Cron Job: Check for Updates Failed: Please ensure you have selected a valid Update Channel and then try again.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

If you're running version 7.1 there should be extra domain options on the right-hand side of the page. Those are the details we need to see.

If you're running v7.0, then they're located under Setup > General Settings > Domains tab.

Regarding the upgrade channel error. Please select one under Utilities > Update WHMCS > Configure Update Settings.

• 4 weeks later...
In 7.0.2 they are located under Setup > General Settings > Domains tab.

Got it :)

http://awesomescreenshot.com/097682by0c

in that list of options, i did not see anything such as 'suggess alternate extensions when a domain is not available.'

To sumarize my questions :

1. after upgrading to version 7.x.x, domain suggessions have gone

2. domain pricing table had gone.

Edited by snowdragon4311

in that list of options, i did not see anything such as 'suggest alternate extensions when a domain is not available.'

from your screenshot, and as I mentioned earlier, the place you need to look is under the standard whois configure settings.

aLieBRo.png

To summarize my questions :

1. after upgrading to version 7.x.x, domain suggestions have gone

when you click on the configure button, you should see a window where you can select the additional TLDs that will also be searched...

HkDC3nJ.png

always remember not to include too many options in this setting as the more TLDs you add, the slower the search will take to display.

2. domain pricing table had gone.

it was a conscious decision by WHMCS to remove it in v7 - they are supposedly working to re-introduce it in a future version, but there is no time frame for if/when that will occur.

until then, you have a number of options...

1. you could use the Domain Pricing Table data feed - either in the cart itself or via a modal window.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Data_Feeds#Domain_Pricing_Table

2. someone has previously posted a thread containing code for a separate domain pricing page for v7.

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?119130-WHMCS-v7-explore-domain-TLDs

I had hoped to look at tweaking that code into a hook/feed for use in the existing cart page, but I haven't had the time yet. :roll:

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the advise. now i am able to see alternate extension suggestions. But one more problem. New Gtlds are showing anything is available. even registry reserved premium once. for example : http://awesomescreenshot.com/006684t2dc

This will going create problems as customers will happly order the premium names and then we have to cancel their order stating those are premium. This will disapoint the customers. Please advise.

2. Yes it would be great if you can bring back the domain pricing table. it was very useful.

i manage to display the table using below url. but it does not have any format. just in basic html format.

http://www.example.com/billing/feeds/domainpricing.php

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the advise. now i am able to see alternate extension suggestions. But one more problem. New Gtlds are showing anything is available. even registry reserved premium once. for example : http://awesomescreenshot.com/006684t2dc

This will going create problems as customers will happly order the premium names and then we have to cancel their order stating those are premium. This will disapoint the customers. Please advise.

2. Yes it would be great if you can bring back the domain pricing table. it was very useful.

i manage to display the table using below url. but it does not have any format. just in basic html format.

http://www.example.com/billing/feeds/domainpricing.php

This will going create problems as customers will happily order the premium names and then we have to cancel their order stating those are premium. This will disappoint the customers. Please advise.

I can see a number of different issues here - as obviously most google domains should be shown as unavailable...

1. your site still appears to be using the web20cart orderform template - but that template was removed from v6 (in July 2015) and is no longer included with v6 or v7 releases... so might not necessarily be compatible with v7. :?:

2. you have some missing entries in your whois server files - e.g you have no entries for .group and .ltd (probably others too) - so they'll always be shown as available. :roll:

http://docs.whmcs.com/WHOIS_Servers

when you add a TLD into Domain Pricing, always remember to check there is an entry for it in the whois servers files (if you are using standard whois). :idea:

3. a lot of the incorrect results are all Donuts domains - that means you might be hitting whois lookup limits with them... if you do too many whois searches of their TLDs too often, they'll start to block your IP and you'll get incorrect results - which WHMCS interprets at the domain being available... the usual solution to that is to limit the number of alternate suggestion TLDs you offer.

4. if you know a TLD offers premium domains (e.g .club), and you're using Standard Whois, then it's often easier not to offer that TLD to your customers - as there is no way to tell using whois if a domain is premium and/or it's cost.

I manage to display the table using below url. but it does not have any format. just in basic html format.

one way to use the old v6 pricing table (with no TLD cateogories for now), would be to add the code to any template you want to add the pricing table to.

<div id="pricingTable">

<div class="panel-group" id="accordion" role="tablist" aria-multiselectable="true">
       <div class="panel panel-default">
           <div class="panel-heading" role="tab" id="heading{$tldCategory->id}">
               <h4 class="panel-title">
                   <a data-toggle="collapse" data-parent="#accordion" href="#collapseAll" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="collapseAll" class="domain-tld-pricing-category">
                       {$LANG.domainspricing}
                   </a>
               </h4>
           </div>
           <div id="collapseAll" class="panel-collapse collapse" role="tabpanel" aria-labelledby="headingAll">
               <div class="panel-body">
                   <div class="row">
                       <div class="col-md-10 col-md-offset-1 col-lg-8 col-lg-offset-2 table-responsive domain-tld-pricing-table-responsive">
                           <table class="table table-striped table-framed">
                               <thead>
                                   <tr>
                                       <th class="text-center">{$LANG.domaintld}</th>
                                       <th class="text-center">{$LANG.domainminyears}</th>
                                       <th class="text-center">{$LANG.domainsregister}</th>
                                       <th class="text-center">{$LANG.domainstransfer}</th>
                                       <th class="text-center">{$LANG.domainsrenew}</th>
                                   </tr>
                               </thead>
                               <tbody>
                                   <script language="javascript" src="feeds/domainpricing2017v1.php"></script>
                               </tbody>
                           </table>
                       </div>
                   </div>
               </div>
           </div>
       </div>
   </div>
</div>

and then pricingfeed2017v1.php just contains a modified version of the default domainpricing.php data feed code..

<?php

require("../init.php");
require("../includes/domainfunctions.php");

$code = '';

if (!is_numeric($currency)) {
   $currency = array();
} else {
   $currency = getCurrency('', $currency);
}

if (!$currency || !is_array($currency) || !isset($currency['id'])) {
   $currency = getCurrency();
}

$freeamt = formatCurrency(0);
$tldslist = getTLDList();
foreach ($tldslist AS $tld) {
   $tldpricing = getTLDPriceList($tld, true);
   $firstoption = current($tldpricing);
   $year = key($tldpricing);
   $transfer = ($firstoption["transfer"] == $freeamt) ? $_LANG['orderfree'] : $firstoption["transfer"];
   $code .= sprintf(
       '<tr><td class="text-center">%s</td><td class="text-center">%d</td><td class="text-center">%s</td><td class="text-center">%s</td><td class="text-center">%s</td></tr>',
       htmlspecialchars($tld, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'),
       $year,
       htmlspecialchars($firstoption["register"], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'),
       htmlspecialchars($transfer, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'),
       htmlspecialchars($firstoption["renew"], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')
   );
}

$code .= '';

echo "document.write('".$code."');";

you should be able to adapt the code to make it more suitable for your own site design. :idea:

Hi brain,

Thanks for the reply :)

1. your site still appears to be using the web20cart orderform template - but that template was removed from v6 (in July 2015) and is no longer included with v6 or v7 releases... so might not necessarily be compatible with v7.

yep, after switching to a different order form, most of whois results related issues has been solved :)

further, i really got the idea of whois servers file.

Ill try the code you provide to display the domain pricing table.

Thank you for all your support.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi brain,

Thanks for the reply :)

1. your site still appears to be using the web20cart orderform template - but that template was removed from v6 (in July 2015) and is no longer included with v6 or v7 releases... so might not necessarily be compatible with v7.

yep, after switching to a different order form, most of whois results related issues has been solved :)

further, i really got the idea of whois servers file.

Ill try the code you provide to display the domain pricing table.

Thank you for all your support.