Upgrade to 7.1 Strip Module Required Template Changes

• WHMCS Support Manager
Its like you said, it only works on standard cart. The solution is to change the whmcs default cart to standard and the error goes away.

I have a different problem though, when I inspect a payment on stripe it says "Name: No name provided ". All of the other info is provided, the name is also in the "metadata" sent by whmcs.

I'm pleased to advise both these issues have been resolved in v7.1.2

MODULE-6483 - Improve Stripe template change detection logic

MODULE-6498 - Correct client name provided to Stripe for token creation

Also known as: MODULE-6497

http://docs.whmcs.com/Changelog:WHMCS_V7.1.2#Modules

So upgrading will resolve these two straight away.

With regards to other Stripe-related issues, we are finding most problems are caused by out-dated templates or remnants from a previous third-party Stripe module.

1. Please ensure that all the third-party Stripe module files have been removed. This might be located in /modules/gateways and /includes/hooks

2. If you have a customised template, replace the following template files with the stock ones from a fresh v7.1.2 full release download: http://download.whmcs.com

• /templates/*your active template*/creditcard.tpl
  • /templates/*your active template*/clientareacreditcard.tpl
  • /templates/orderforms/*your active template*/checkout.tpl

Then clear your template cache (Utilities > System > System Cleanup).

3. If that doesn't help, set the client's default payment method under their Profile tab to Stripe.

• 3 weeks later...

2. If you have a customised template, replace the following template files with the stock ones from a fresh v7.1.2 full release download: http://download.whmcs.com

• /templates/*your active template*/creditcard.tpl
  • /templates/*your active template*/clientareacreditcard.tpl
  • /templates/orderforms/*your active template*/checkout.tpl

Then clear your template cache (Utilities > System > System Cleanup).

3. If that doesn't help, set the client's default payment method under their Profile tab to Stripe.

I have do it, but when I try to pay with the credit card I get the error:

Remote Transaction Failure. Please Contact Support.

Can be the Problem that I am using the Test Secret Key from Stripe?

*** Edit

OK, seems that only the LIVE Secret Key is working.

Edited by J-B

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just updated to 7.1.2 however my stripe is still displaying the error about the template in the payment gateway.

Per the above I replaced the hooks / includes / template folders with fresh copies from my whmcs install folder (Even though i completely wiped the install when i did the upgrade)

I'm still getting the error. Can anyone shed any light on what else I might want to look at?

Thanks!

UPDATE:

Well I tested my stripe module and it appears to be functioning properly.

Looks like WHMCS didn't resolve MODULE-6483 after all

Edited by HostMyApple

• 2 weeks later...

Here is how to fix the issues you are having. I previously used the ServerPing Module also.

and was getting the same error as you.

Completely remove your templates folder.

It used to contain templates such as "Classic, Default, portal, six) etc... with 7.1 it only uses the "six" template.. this has neccessary changes for Stripe and various other payment gateways ready to go.

So remove the templates folder from:

/WHMCS-PATH/templates

Unzip and transfer the templates folder from 7.1 into its location instead.

Inside this folder should just be 2 folders "orderforms" and "six"

Then go into "General Settings" in your admin area and set the " The template you want WHMCS to use

" to "six" and this will utilize the new stripe hooks and appropriate gateway hooks necessary to work.

Good luck.

• 5 weeks later...

I've read though this entire topic and I'm still a little confused. Can I clarify a few things please?

1. The native Stripe module only works with the "six" template?

2. The native Stripe module only works with the "Standard Cart" order form?

3. Upgrading to 7.x will break the existing Serverping third party Stripe module?

If you consider that many people spend a great deal of time making their websites unique and customising the templates, it seems rather stupid of WHMCS to restrict the functionality of this module to using only their default template and default order form. When you add the fact that upgrading could break the existing Stripe implementation, this means WHMCS have made it impossible for many customers to upgrade to version 7. I'd suggest that most people don't use the "Standard Cart" order form at all.

Is there no documentation outlining template changes to make this module work with ANY template?

The third party modules that already exist, provide the ability to easily integrate with custom templates. Why would WHMCS produce a new module to compete with third party modules that is actually not as good and provides less functionality? The server ping module comes unencoded so you'd think WHMCS might have taken a look at how to do it properly!

This is just another example of WHMCS rushing out a module that is only half finished. How can they be satisfied with producing something that won't work for more than half of their customers and doesn't provide any improvement over existing options? They continue to make huge mistakes like this time after time and it makes them look very unprofessional.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on version 7.1.2 and having the same problem as others have mentioned. When the customer tries to update their existing credit card, they get the dreaded message "Remote Transaction Failure - Contact Support"

There are only two solutions that seem to work, both require manual work and dealing one-on-one with the customer (absolutely time wasting)

A) Tell the customer to pay an invoice, and do not even bother trying to 'update' their credit card with the "Manage Credit Card" option. It's simply broken with the new WHMCS Stripe feature.

B) You (the WHMCS Admin) can go into the customer's account, and manually clear out the old credit card.

If you don't do one of those two things, customers cannot update their credit cards, at least if the card currently stored has never been used successfully via Stripe. i.e. if it's a previously stored card and is not a Stripe token, it can't be updated.

Maybe there will be a fix in 7.2.x for this, I'm not sure (there is a LOT going on with that update, and we are not ready for it yet).

- Scott

Clearing the customer's previous token (card) as WHMCS admin used to work - but now in 7.2.2, even that doesn't work either. I'm spending my days fixing issues with templates, hooks, addons on all of these updates and once I get there, they release another, making more changes.

Actually, I have found since my post that even in 7.1.2, clearing out the customer's card as the administrator STILL does not work.... it does NOT allow the customer to re-enter a card number. The only solution is to tell the customer "Sorry, but you can't add a credit card -- you must wait until there is an invoice and then pay that". Why? I have no idea.

I hope someday that the conversion from stored cards to Stripe is better for other WHMCS users. For us, it has not been good.

- Scott

I hope someday that the conversion from stored cards to Stripe is better for other WHMCS users. For us, it has not been good.

- Scott

I have to say this is not a stripe issue but a WHMCS issue and they have not addressed it.

For years I used serverpings stripe module with no such issues. Now using the native WHMCS it's a problem.

Just don't get why WHMCS fix these things (as they are fixable) before fixing things that ain't broke.

• 1 month later...

Tearing our hair out with this one. Had used server ping for years with no issues. Now, customers are contacting their banks to find out why their cards are being declined, before contacting us. BECAUSE even now paying an invoice is impossible.

Clearing the customers card from admin area no longer works in 7.2.3 AND paying an invoice manually for these customers creates the remote transaction failure please contact support message. All other customers (new and existing) who have not had to update cards, or are using new cards, can make payments.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE sort this out WHMCS.

Clearing the customers card from admin area no longer works in 7.2.3 AND paying an invoice manually for these customers creates the remote transaction failure please contact support message. All other customers (new and existing) who have not had to update cards, or are using new cards, can make payments.

Trust me, I feel your pain. I was very excited to see WHMCS add Stripe support natively, and I did not expect to see all of the problems we had, and the long delays from the time bugs were reported, until they were resolved.

Here are some things I've learned that may help you:

1) Make sure that the customers are set to use Credit Card under their Profile, for "Payment Method". Obviously a bug, but it does seem to help in most cases.

2) After getting the "Remote Transaction" error, look in WHMCS, under Billing > Gateway Log, for more clues. The log can have good information to help you isolate the problem.

Please keep us posted.

- Scott