New Gocardless module

twikamltd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that's true, but the fees seem higher on Stripe. We also use Stripe for credit/debit cards and the few customers that pay with it always cost us more in fees than equivalent customers on GoCardless... Or at least that's what I've noticed. On monthly plans over the course of a year this soon adds up!

• 1 month later...

hey,

so I just purchased module above (not sure if it's supported?). All seems to be working fine except for 2 things.

1. Looks like when GC is sending webhook with payout info I am getting error as below in WHMCS

Could not determine given resource type. callback.php 197

and 400 Bad Request (Body 198: Could not determine given resource type) in GoCardless

2. When Client goes to the page Manage Direct Debit, nothing is showing up.

Anyone can help at all? Any ideas?

Thanks

Krys

hey,

so I just purchased module above (not sure if it's supported?). All seems to be working fine except for 2 things.

1. Looks like when GC is sending webhook with payout info I am getting error as below in WHMCS

Could not determine given resource type. callback.php 197

and 400 Bad Request (Body 198: Could not determine given resource type) in GoCardless

2. When Client goes to the page Manage Direct Debit, nothing is showing up.

Anyone can help at all? Any ideas?

Thanks

Krys

Also noticed (not sure if it should be working) that in callback.php file there is mention of adding transaction fees in WHMCS to the invoice, but my invoices are showing £0. Not important to me but thought I will mention it...

Also noticed (not sure if it should be working) that in callback.php file there is mention of adding transaction fees in WHMCS to the invoice, but my invoices are showing £0. Not important to me but thought I will mention it...

OK Solved problem number 2 but 1 still an issue with Could not determine given resource type. callback.php 197

Another problem.

When client is trying to create subscription he gets error below even that the subscription is create fine and it can be cancelled fine too.

PDOException: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'fieldid' cannot be null in /vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php:441

Stack trace:

#0 vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(441): PDOStatement->execute(Array)

#1 vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(706): Illuminate\Database\Connection->Illuminate\Database\{closure}(Object(Illuminate\Database\MySqlConnection), 'insert into `tb...', Array)

#2 vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(669): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQueryCallback('insert into `tb...', Array, Object(Closure))

#3 illuminate/database/Connection.php(442): Illuminate\Database\Connection->run('insert into `tb...', Array, Object(Closure))

#4 vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(398): Illuminate\Database\Connection->statement('insert into `tb...', Array)

#5 vendor/illuminate/database/Query/Builder.php(2039): Illuminate\Database\Connection->insert('insert into `tb...', Array)

#6 modules/gateways/gocardless/redirect.php(44): Illuminate\Database\Query\Builder->insert(Array)

#7 {main}

Next Illuminate\Database\QueryException: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'fieldid' cannot be null (SQL: insert into `tblcustomfieldsvalues` (`fieldid`, `relid`, `value`) values (, 137, MD00051WQNVGB9)) in vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php:713

Stack trace:

#0 vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(669): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQueryCallback('insert into `tb...', Array, Object(Closure))

#1 vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(442): Illuminate\Database\Connection->run('insert into `tb...', Array, Object(Closure))

#2 vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(398): Illuminate\Database\Connection->statement('insert into `tb...', Array)

#3 vendor/illuminate/database/Query/Builder.php(2039): Illuminate\Database\Connection->insert('insert into `tb...', Array)

#4 modules/gateways/gocardless/redirect.php(44): Illuminate\Database\Query\Builder->insert(Array)

#5 {main}

Hopefully someone is supporting this module

OK Solved problem number 2 but 1 still an issue with Could not determine given resource type. callback.php 197

Hi yes we're happy to provide support, anyone buying the module from our website is basically paying towards development costs so we hope to provide fixes etc where possible. Just let us know any problems on a support ticket on the website and I'll look into whatever is happening. Glad you fixed your main issue. We'll put out some updated files once the other error is tracked down. Thanks again!

Glad to hear that. Looks like the problem is with the code, because when I used file from top of this topic redirect works fine. Not sure if I can post code here so I will update ticket and see how long I will need to wait for the reply, but hopefully not long....

Glad to hear that. Looks like the problem is with the code, because when I used file from top of this topic redirect works fine. Not sure if I can post code here so I will update ticket and see how long I will need to wait for the reply, but hopefully not long....

I thanks I've replied to your support ticket, though do bear in mind we've done extra dev work on the original module simply to be able to bring php7 and mysql5.7 compatibility. We'll develop it further in future but this was done initially to fix things going forward for those of us needing to use newer packages with the newer API from GC.

• 1 month later...
Hey guys

We just released WHMCS Addon module for GoCardless. It is fully tested and functional. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/3531

Regards

Yogi

Cool, good to see more options for GoCardless at last. Our module is also available here and will be on the marketplace too soon: https://www.yorkshire.hosting/portal/cart.php?gid=9

Thanks for this - gocardless is great and it's nice to be able to continue using it. I'm sure this is a silly question but, gotta ask. Does gocardless have to do something at their end to upgrade you to the new API?

We've tried to upgrade yesterday as we lost the page to actually create a new DD on the old gocardless module and API but got stuck there. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for this - gocardless is great and it's nice to be able to continue using it. I'm sure this is a silly question but, gotta ask. Does gocardless have to do something at their end to upgrade you to the new API?

We've tried to upgrade yesterday as we lost the page to actually create a new DD on the old gocardless module and API but got stuck there. Thanks in advance.

Hi yes you have to ask their support to upgrade you still at the moment. :)

Edited by soydemadrid

Thanks for the reply. We've done the upgrade but are facing two issues that seem to be related and it's related to the mandate.

1. An existing DD. To the customer it says no credit card details stored and sends out an email to update card details(it can't find the DD mandate). If you 'login as customer' and open the invoice and try to pay it says this on the invoice: 'You have a Direct Debit in place on this account, click the button below to attempt payment now.'

That doesn't work.

2. Trying to create a new mandate (new customer with a new order) returns this when clicking to pay form the order page: 'Sorry to see you go!'

We are on the freebie gocardless module form the beginning of this thread and were using the old one for years and years without problem. We are happy to pay for the module and and help implementing it. We are on whmcs 7.2.2 and php 5.

Thanks - BTW, I am in the UK

Thanks for the reply. We've done the upgrade but are facing two issues that seem to be related and it's related to the mandate.

1. An existing DD. To the customer it says no credit card details stored and sends out an email to update card details(it can't find the DD mandate). If you 'login as customer' and open the invoice and try to pay it says this on the invoice: 'You have a Direct Debit in place on this account, click the button below to attempt payment now.'

That doesn't work.

2. Trying to create a new mandate (new customer with a new order) returns this when clicking to pay form the order page: 'Sorry to see you go!'

We are on the freebie gocardless module form the beginning of this thread and were using the old one for years and years without problem. We are happy to pay for the module and and help implementing it. We are on whmcs 7.2.2 and php 5.

Thanks - BTW, I am in the UK

Hi Nabil, we have a few different modules now mentioned on this thread, so if it is our one can you please submit a support ticket and I'll do my best to help. Thanks very much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, the PM is a bit frustrating sorry - I didn't realise they limit it to 5 messages for new users.

I've now instead just created a link to the GoCardless module which we've priced up at £35 just to pay towards the development costs etc. Let me know any problems, here is the link:

GoCardless Payment Module for WHMCS

Hmm, just tried to purchase but got the following error message when entering the WHMCS URL: WHMCS URL value is not valid

It most certainly IS valid! :-(

Hi -

Can anyone confirm whether the commercial update to this module marks pending invoice payments via GC as paid unless they fail? This was a feature of the original v1.1 module that used the old API and was very useful as it prevents customers from getting overdue invoice notifications during the BACS clearing timeframe. If the payment fails then WHMCS would mark the invoice as outstanding and so customers would then start getting overdue invoice notifications correctly.

The original module at the top of the thread works very well (thx for your work!) apart from this missing functionality (as far as I can tell). Does the commercial update add/fix this? If so, I will definitely purchase as it's a must have if using GC to process payment IMO.

Thx

only if you want it automated, you can still use GC to process payments, but you would need to set it up and mark invoices as paid manually

Yes, I understand it's not an essential feature if using GC, payments can be captured, however even with the ~40 customers I have using WHMCS with GC, manually marking invoices as pending or paid would an incredible waste of time for something that can be automated.

I have actually just checked the developers website and it says that it does mark as pending until clears or fails ("Mark invoices as paid while Direct Debit is pending and marks them back to unpaid if payment fails or cancels." from https://www.yorkshire.hosting/portal/cart.php?gid=9) so I guess that's my question answered. Posting here for clarity as other users in the thread have also asked or had issues with this feature.