Community Forums

Discuss, share and get help from our community of friendly WHMCS users

Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: New Gocardless module

in the whmcs gateway logs we are getting this error when we can to cancel a mandate:

Could not determine given resource type. callback.php 187

Not sure if anyone can help, I have client who has a direct debit setup but some reason no payment is being taken when the invoice is due. Is the GoCardless module supposed to take payment once an invoice is issued or am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Alex

Hi we've been using the old original version of the GoCardless module (although we may have upgraded to one of the forks along the way at some stage to fix some errors) but it's worked great. UNTIL! moving from PHP5.6 to PHP7 and mysql 5.7 on a new server.

Now when we create an invoice and a client logs in and pays it - WHMCS doesn't mark it as paid. The payment is there in GoCardless dashboard though... Can anyone help suggest how to fix this - or does anyone know how to migrate our current GoCardless module over to this newer Github version by YHUK?

Thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by soydemadrid View Post
    Hi we've been using the old original version of the GoCardless module (although we may have upgraded to one of the forks along the way at some stage to fix some errors) but it's worked great. UNTIL! moving from PHP5.6 to PHP7 and mysql 5.7 on a new server.

Now when we create an invoice and a client logs in and pays it - WHMCS doesn't mark it as paid. The payment is there in GoCardless dashboard though... Can anyone help suggest how to fix this - or does anyone know how to migrate our current GoCardless module over to this newer Github version by YHUK?

Thanks for any help
    ok further to this I've removed the older module and installed the new module. However I can't seem to get it working with the sandbox credentials entered. On the payment screen for a new test email it says a direct debit is already in place which is great, so they I click Pay and it says it is successful and will show as paid once cleared.

But then when logging into the sandbox there are no payments there showing...

Thanks again for any help with this.

Thanks for any help
    Hi further to this I've now given up on the old module with php7 and deleted it and installed this new version which looks great. I've set up a sandbox for the new api and put the details in the module settings.

However when I make a payment on a test invoice the module gives the confirmation:
    Your direct debit has been charged, this invoice status will update when the payment has cleared.
    But then when I log back into the sandbox no payments are there? If anyone could please help me to fix this...

i still use the ' GoCardless for WHMCS v1.1.0.' and this works fine in WHMCS version 7.1.2 marks invoices as paid as it should do.
    The Easyhost Media Group
    Niceday Hosting - Affordable Hosting
    Power SSL - We Secure your World

Hi thanks for the reply. We've since now moved on to the new GoCardless API instead and done some work to update the newer module originally posted at the top of this thread so it works with php7 and some of our old subscriptions etc.

So we've ended up with a further updated new and improved module, PM me if anybody needs any revised code.

Hi soydemadrid,

Would you be able provide a link to your updated code please? For some reason my profile won't let me PM.

We are currently using the https://github.com/impelling/gocardless-whmcs version of the module which is a fork of the original.

The database schema of this new module looks a little different.

Did you have to change much to get your existing authorisations working with the new module?

soydemadrid, I sent you a PM.

Hi soydemadrid,

Just tried to send you a PM but it say you've exceeded your stored private messages quota.

Hi sorry try the PMs again if I haven't replied. I was throttled for being a new user but as I post a bit more on the forum my quota will grow for private messaging apparently.

Thanks

Hi sorry try the PMs again if I haven't replied. I was throttled for being a new user but as I post a bit more on the forum my quota will grow for private messaging apparently.

Thanks
    You still not replied to my last PM
    The Easyhost Media Group

Hi, the PM is a bit frustrating sorry - I didn't realise they limit it to 5 messages for new users.

I've now instead just created a link to the GoCardless module which we've priced up at 35 just to pay towards the development costs etc. Let me know any problems, here is the link:

GoCardless Payment Module for WHMCS

you can now accept SEPA Direct Debit Payments with Stripe

https://support.stripe.com/questions...ts-with-stripe
    The Easyhost Media Group

Yes that's true, but the fees seem higher on Stripe. We also use Stripe for credit/debit cards and the few customers that pay with it always cost us more in fees than equivalent customers on GoCardless... Or at least that's what I've noticed. On monthly plans over the course of a year this soon adds up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast