Temporary Path version 7

I went to update WHMCS to set it to stable release and got this message

Warning You do not currently have a path configured for temporary storage of files during updates. You will not be able to perform an update until one is set. To resolve this now

so I tied to set the temp path and it will not save

tried

admin/whmcs_temp

whmcs_temp

tried it above the public_html directory even tried with a URL

No Joy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello 3awh & PsychoDude,

Please try setting the path to /tmp with the file permissions set to 755 which should allow it to run

Not working tried

/home/alienswe/tmp/

/home/alienswe/tmp

/home/alienswe/public_html/tmp/

/home/alienswe/public_html/tmp

/tmp

and I created directory and assigned 755 and also tried 777

I am having the same problem. I have tried several paths with various permissions set with the same result.

Thank you,

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

I am having the same problem. I have tried several paths with various permissions set with the same result.

I should also mention that I am also not able to save an update channel or maintenance message.

Thank you,

Tom

Hi guys,

You'll need a custom folder which you must create, usually under the web user (like the templates_c directory) and you'll need make sure the directory is writable and they specify the full path.

In essence make sure that the same user that owns templates_c owns your "whmcsupdate" directory and you are specifying the full path in the upgrader settings.

If you are still having issues and you have posted above please PM me

I know that this does not help anyone now but I had this during the beta and RC trials and even getting hold of a developer who logged into my test lab and continued to tell me that they could not replicated the problem their side I was finally told by a different support rep I might add that I should just wipe my test lab and start again even though this was a fresh install of CentOS7 with php5.6 etc. etc.

As much as I like the look of the new WHMCS platform I will not be upgrading until I can hold at least the next release in a ZIP format and all of these silly little things have been ironed out.

Sorry small rant over.

Hello,

I was having this problem too. And I think that's because I have "admin" custom area on configuration.php. What I did to solve it was simple easy.

I changed it (the administrative area) on configuration.php file, tried to access the WHMCS URL and got the error message telling me that the admin area was not the URL I was trying to access (obviusly). Then on configuration.php I typed back the correct path to the custom admin area, tried to access it and voi-lá!

It's done and working. I was able to save the path and so I've saved the path to update files and the ALERT telling me to set the path to update files is not appearing anymore.

Probably a cache bug? Dunno! It worked here. Hope this post may help you guys too!

Regards,

Fabio Morais

Hello,

I was having this problem too. And I think that's because I have "admin" custom area on configuration.php. What I did to solve it was simple easy.

I changed it (the administrative area) on configuration.php file, tried to access the WHMCS URL and got the error message telling me that the admin area was not the URL I was trying to access (obviusly). Then on configuration.php I typed back the correct path to the custom admin area, tried to access it and voi-lá!

It's done and working. I was able to save the path and so I've saved the path to update files and the ALERT telling me to set the path to update files is not appearing anymore.

Probably a cache bug? Dunno! It worked here. Hope this post may help you guys too!

I gave that a try.. no change for me. One thing I noted however.. when I customized my admin folder I see the updater page displaying correctly.. when I go back to "admin" as the folder, the display of the updater page is missing some images.

Anyway.. I've opened a ticket.

I never saw the admin menu option: Utilities > Update WHMCS and was using a custom admin template. For that reason I couldn't set the "Update channel" or "temporary update path".

So, I set my admin template back to "blend" and now saw the Utilities > Update WHMCS menu item and was able to configure the "Update channel" and "temporary upgrade path".

Update check now works correctly.

After that I deleted my custom admin template, made a copy of the "blend" template, then set that as my admin template.

Nice tip (changing admin templates).. sadly didn't work for me..

I have found the page where you set the updater channel is trying to call a file: ../assets/js/lightbox.min.map which doesn't exist ie 404

Hopefully more info will be provided in my ticket. I'll provide my solution here once WHMCS update me.. or I determine the issue.

Ok, I've finally resolved this for me.

Worst thing is.. it's hard to know what the issue was.. It was not security related, or Cloudflare related since I had checked both together and separately.

I'm sorry I can't help more.. but now my update path saved correctly and my database looks right finally.

Edited by xyzulu

There is a bug with the UI on the page where you can configure the updates.

The page seems to hang while saving. I have the path correct, but if I try to add the message that displays (to customers) while the update is in progress the page wont save. I wasnt even able to save the release version and path together after upgrading from V6 - I had to select a release version then save, then come back in and enter the path and save. It would not let me save both settings together.

An example path would be /home/cpanelusername/whmcstempfolder