Temporary Path version 7

Finally worked, I guess this was the issue for all of us. I suggest WHMCS they would at least write an example line so that users like us don´t circle around with no solution:

For instance, a path will look like this e.g. "/home/user/public_html/whmcs/admin_folder/tmp_folder"

Thanks to all that helped

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. Our documentation does include an example of the required absolute file path: http://docs.whmcs.com/Automatic_Updater#Setting_a_Temporary_Update_Path

I've added a new guide which to clarify this further: http://help.whmcs.com/m/upgrading/l/678178-configuring-the-temporary-path

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

There isn't a single consistent fix, as the cause will differ depending upon your particular server environment and configuration.

The problem is not browser-related, but rather that WHMCS cannot write to the directory you are specifying.

Please ensure that:

• The path being entered is valid]
  • The path is entered without a trailing slash
  • The directory is writable
  • The directory is writable by the PHP user (On a suPHP cPanel server this usually means that the it needs to be owned and within the group matching your cPanel username)

• 2 months later...