WHMCS Demo

compositor

Question

I just looked into my hosting and found a WHMCS demonstration but as an ominous sign, I can see there are two versions; that being one page where there are links to:

- Buy a Domain

- Order Hosting

- Make Payment

- Get Support

When I click one of those titles I am taken to another page that has a different menu selection:

- Home

- Announcements

- Knowledgebase

- Network Status

- Contact Us

Is there any reason for this inconsistency and will it be resolved in Version 7 since I really would not want to have to be clicking my back button all the time or open in a new tab.

The version was softalucous 6.3.1

10 answers to this question

well i'd never recommend installing WHMCS via Softaculous - replied to too many threads over the last few months of problems caused by their installation method. :roll:

in their infinite wisdom, WHMCS removed their online demo a few months ago...

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?115466-Is-WHMCS-Online-Demo-Offline

how they expect someone to spend upto $325 on a license without being able to see anything but screenshots, I simply don't get... :roll:

I just looked into my hosting and found a WHMCS demonstration but as an ominous sign, I can see there are two versions; that being one page where there are links to:

Is there any reason for this inconsistency and will it be resolved in Version 7 since I really would not want to have to be clicking my back button all the time or open in a new tab.

it's interesting that Softaculous has a v6.3.1 online demo (both client and admin) - useful to know! :idea:

although, unlike the old official demo, it has no products, TLDs or clients already added... so it's a like a ghost ship in there... but at least you can see it in action.

with regards to what you saw on the demo, the Announcements/KB/Network Status etc should always be there - and they are on the demo i've looking at @ softaculous.

tbh, i'm not seeing anything wrong with the demo (other than the lack of products/domains/clients etc) - this is what i'm seeing... http://prnt.sc/cojrys

v7 is going to look broadly similar - at least in that regard.

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?116478-WHMCS-Version-7-Demo-Video&p=470414#post470414

Maybe that video is demonstrating what the actual interface looks like.

The demo in Softalucous is a very poor representation at best and does no justice to the product, at least in a promotional sense (read pathetic).

At least i know *not* to install WHMCS from within the control panel so thank you for that advice.

Maybe that video is demonstrating what the actual interface looks like.

it does - I have a v7 development setup and it looks like the video...

The demo in Softalucous is a very poor representation at best and does no justice to the product, at least in a promotional sense (read pathetic).

can't argue with that... at least the official WHMCS demo had data to work with - with the softaculous demo, it's basically a car with no gas - looks ok but you can't go anywhere with it!

e.g you can't use domainchecker until you add pricing for the TLDs... but unless you were familiar with WHMCS, you wouldn't know that... so it would just appear to be a useless bugged feature. :roll:

perhaps take a look at some of John's videos in the WHMCS Youtube channel - that might give you a better impression of the software in action. :idea:

I don't like the idea of two menus, very confusing so is that how my site is going to look if I install this software?

from the client side, yes.

but everything you see there, can be altered either via action hooks (small php programs), template edits, css changes or tweaks to the language files... or you could buy third-party templates.

What about a Blank template?

well you could just delete the content of the included templates and rebuild them to your own needs, but it might take you a while if you're not familar with WHMCS!

On a side note, can you install the software in a "demonstration" mode, e.g. without having a license?

not really - you need a license to enter during the installation process.

I think many years ago, there used to be a trial version - but not any more.

well you could just delete the content of the included templates and rebuild them to your own needs, but it might take you a while if you're not familar with WHMCS!

I'm up for it don't worry but for something like this I believe I'd cope and get good support from forum participants if no one else.

I think many years ago, there used to be a trial version - but not any more.

Bit of a shame, I'd really like to be able to do some reasonable modifications during the demonstration period but I guess on a month-to-month basis it would be possible.

I saw a post about how some people do not like having 2 menus and completely understand how it may confuse some users. I felt the same way when I first noticed this. The way I resolved this issue was intergrading everything into one Menu. If anyone has questions or concerns regarding this, please let me know because my door is always open. You can see an example of this on my site: webmaster51.com/index.php and webmaster51.com/index.html, I have used WHMCS almost 10 years.

- Buy a Domain

- Order Hosting

- Make Payment

- Get Support

When I click one of those titles I am taken to another page that has a different menu selection:

- Home

- Announcements

- Knowledgebase

- Network Status

- Contact Us

You can change anything you like, the theme (the part your visitors see) is completely open to changes with any standard HTML editor.

Just notice that your WHMCS purchase (based on your other replies) does not include design or development. WHMCS is not going to support you in making your complete website, or designing your logo, or making a change on your site or coding something for your business. You are supposed to have a web developer for this or learn on your own. Everything you see in WHMCS can be changed but you will know how to program in HTML in order to do those changes.

The software can't and will not change colors or menus, or content on your site with a simple click and point interface. Its not a CMS software and its not even designed to run a website. It's a billing & automation & service selling software and while you can run your whole site on WHMCS I'm not sure many people do it as there are better CMS platforms like Joomla, WordPress or Drupal and people like to separate their customer area from their main commercial public site anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

What about a Blank template?

On a side note, can you install the software in a "demonstration" mode, e.g. without having a license?

You could buy 1 month and if you are not happy ask for a refund before 30 days. That is the equivalent to a free demo or free trial :)

Edited by yggdrasil