WHMCS RC1 not PHP7 ready?

astewart

Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I just wanted to be sure.

So I'm running WHMCS 7 RC1 and had gone a head and installed the latest version of the Ioncude loader for PHP7. As it shows, I don't think it is a beta anymore, shows version 6.0.4.

http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

Anyways the home page of WHMCS loads and a few others but once I try use the WHOIS form or the Cart I get the following error:

[25-Sep-2016 01:48:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error: The file /home/user/public_html/includes/whoisfunctions.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.

Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown on line 0

I'm guess they just have to complete recompiling all encoded files eh?

In this specific case, it can't be done, unfortunately.

NO, really, it can't.

The download package only includes the files needed for the current version of WHMCS... So, any older files, well, you're going to have to remove them yourself

This isn't like Windows software, where, honestly, you get to clean up your old stuff. This is much different.

So, again, you need to do a clean install. Remove old, replace with new. Upgrades aren't going to work. Not a real surprise here