eWay token payments in WHMCS 6.x - Not practically usable? Anyone else using this?

slim

Hi

I have just upgraded to WHMCS 6 and am now using the eWay token payments module - However Im finding it poorly integrated into WHMCS.

For example, If I use the Admin area to enter a new card number into a clients account, the card is stored in the WHMCS database - not in a token at eWay - (usless).

If the customer wants to enter their card details via the client area, they can ONLY do this IF they have an UNPAID invoice. They cant enter card details using the update card feature UNTIL a token has been created by actually paying an invoice.

This makes is impossible for me to help a client who wants me to update their card details over the phone (I have no way of being able to do it) and it makes it impossible for the client to do unless there is an unpaid invoice.

Very very impractical.. I'm wondering if others have found the same issue.

It appears as though this module was integrated without a lot of thought.

Hi Slim,

Thank you for your post.

At the moment the eWAY Tokens Module is still fairly new having been introduced in 6.1, you are correct at this stage when adding a credit card via the Credit Card Information section of the Admin Area it does not presently create the token in myeWAY and only stores the credit card in the WHMCS Database. It is also by design that the credit card details can not be entered until actually paying an invoice.

Whilst at this time I am not aware of any plans to change this I would recommend creating an idea over at https://requests.whmcs.com/ and linking it back to this thread, tthe more people that vote on it and provide feedback the more likely it is to be picked up by our team for improvement in a future release.

I'm sorry I don't have a better workaround for you now but please do let us know once you have the request created so others are able to vote on it!

• 2 months later...

Surely there are Aussie WHMCS & eWay users that struggle with this integration on a daily basis? Its pathetic.

Twice today i've had customers call with new card numbers - We cant udpate them if there is no unpaid invoice! We literally need to write the card number down and wait for an invoice to be generated (which can be weeks) then login as the client and pay the invoice.. This creates the token. Its crazy.