Converting problem

Hello,

When a client wants to use EUR in state of USD the prefix $ / € before the amount will change but the amount will stay the same. No conversion on the amount.

Is there a solution or a converter plugin that can solve this.

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

When a client wants to use EUR in state of USD the prefix $ / € before the amount will change but the amount will stay the same. No conversion on the amount.

Is there a solution or a converter plugin that can solve this.

when using WHMCS, it is VERY important to realise that a client, once they have made a previous order/invoice, CANNOT change their currency - they will always have to use that original currency... nor as an Admin, should you ever change it for them (unless they have made no orders/invoices).

if they want to order a product in a different currency, they'll need to create another account with you.

orders aren't stored in the database with currencies values attached to them, so if you change currencies, it will make your income reports meaningless and confusing... therefore, automated conversions would never be possible.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?112183-Different-currency-different-price&p=456771#post456771

i'm not aware of any option to get around this - I believe it's the way it's always been with WHMCS. :roll:

It's possible to "cache" currency prefix/suffix too so that clients can freely change currency even 37842837 times per day. The only problem is that in the Summary of that client the "Invoices/Billing" section will report weird totals.

i'm not aware of any option to get around this - I believe it's the way it's always been with WHMCS. :roll:

Yeah, this is one of those 'just deal with it' things, and it actually makes sense if you think about it.

Most clients don't have but the one currency, so, they'll be wanting to pay with just that one currency.

Adding multiple currencies per client would be rather ugly, with a ton more math than is really necessary, and way, way too much confusion (what?!?!? WHMCS ?!?!?!?!? CONFUSING?!?!?!?)