How to force package by configuration?

CedricArnouldEM6

Hi,

I would like to configurer my website as jpreg.com, first you select your domain, then they offer package to select.

I dont want to sell just domain, I want to sell package including a free domain.

How to configure WHMCS to work as it?

I read in the documentation:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Configurable_Options

http://docs.whmcs.com/Product_Addons

http://docs.whmcs.com/Product_Bundles

Product bundles seems to be the closest thing from what I want. Perhaps i misconfigured it, but when I select a domain name, it still not force the user to choose the bundle, the user can still buy domain.

Thank you for your help

Cedric

Hi Cedric,

Product Bundles would probably be the best route, but they don't usually work as you describe.. you would normally first select the product bundle (e.g "Hosting Starter Combo" of domain + hosting), and then you would choose your domain and any hosting configuration - but the customer would be free to choose a domain extension that wasn't free and/or remove the hosting... if that occurs, then they'd be charged full price for the domain and wouldn't get it for free.

if you wanted to prevent them from just ordering a paid domain by itself, you could - but you'd need to either use action hooks or modify the templates.

you could make a minor tweak to domainchecker, see this post, and that would change the "Go To Checkout" button to "Continue" and would redirect the user to the domain configuration page - where they are able to add a hosting (or other) products to the cart... you could, in theory, add a product bundle* at that stage, but depending upon your bundle configuration, that might get confusing for the user.

* note from the last paragraph of the bundles documentation, you can add them to the order form - if you do that, the user can add the bundle to the cart and then go through the configuration process (possibly multiple times).

You may also choose to offer some bundles on your order form itself, which you can do by ticking the "Show on Order Form" checkbox in the bundle configuration options. Doing this for 1 or more bundles enables a new order form category named "Product Bundles" to be displayed within the cart, listing any bundle offerings you have setup along with the description you set.