Error when trying to add product

ATGaming

From my Admin interface Create New Product I fill out the Product Type as "Other" I change "Product Group" to "My Test Group" and "Product Name" as "My Test Product"

I then click on Continue and receive the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Illuminate\Database\QueryException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1364 Field 'description' doesn't have a default value (SQL: insert into `tblproducts` (`type`, `gid`, `name`, `paytype`, `showdomainoptions`, `updated_at`, `created_at`) values (other, 2, Testing, free, 1, 2016-03-08 15:24:38, 2016-03-08 15:24:38)) (SQL: insert into `tblproducts` (`type`, `gid`, `name`, `paytype`, `showdomainoptions`, `updated_at`, `created_at`) values (other, 2, Testing, free, 1, 2016-03-08 15:24:38, 2016-03-08 15:24:38))' in ...

Any idea what is going on so I can begin to test products?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

This behaviour means that Strict Mode is enabled in your MySQL server configuration. Please disable it. You may need to speak to your server admin/hosting provider to make this server configuration change.

Please also take this opportunity to ensure all the system requirements are met: http://docs.whmcs.com/System_Requirements

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi,

This behaviour means that Strict Mode is enabled in your MySQL server configuration. Please disable it. You may need to speak to your server admin/hosting provider to make this server configuration change.

Please also take this opportunity to ensure all the system requirements are met: http://docs.whmcs.com/System_Requirements

This is a bit concerned that WHMCS requires strict mode to be off, considering the main reason to do this is to surpress errors, which then implies that whMCS is full of sql error.