Plesk and Domain Options

Daniel

Hey folks,

For those of you that use WHMCS with Plesk, do you have a problem with some of the domain administrator options?

For example, I get alot of support tickets from new clients asking why their domain doesn't work with the "www." but works fine without it. Every time it is because the "Use www." checkbox in the domain administrator part of Plesk isn't checked.

I've searched Plesk but can't find any options to have this turned on by default, so im guessing that WHMCS doesn't turn this on.

Is there a way to make WHMCS check this? How are you guys getting around this problem?

Dan

Hi Daniel,

I don't seem to have this issue - what version of Plesk are you using ?

I discussed with Matt previously about him making an add-on for the plesk reseller module where you can setup which permissions & settings you want it to set for each of your different account types.

Matt

I have just recently started using WHMCS and am using 8.2.1 on Linux : I did get that situation when a client ordered a hosting plan and WHMCS automatically set it up : the www zone would not work (ie default Plesk page "no such virtualhost is installed") whereas the name worked without www. I recreated the domain hosting myself in Plesk but therefore confirm the issue. Should we open up a bug thread to have it checked ?

I think I finally figured this out.

Login to Plesk

Click "Server"

Click "DNS Settings"

Click "Add New Record"

Choose "CNAME" under record type

Enter "www" in "Enter Domain Name"

Enter "<domain>" in "Enter Canonical Name"

Hit OK

Seems to have worked :)

• 1 month later...