Getting This error: 1014 - Parser error: Cannot parse the XML from the source specifi

floatingworld

Hi,

Someone tried to sign up using Paypal and opting for the subscription payemnt method. Their paypemnt went through on Paypal but I WHMCS failed to create their account in Plesk. I tried to manualy create there account and I get this error message: 1014 - Parser error: Cannot parse the XML from the source specified

Does anyone know where this error is or what is causing it? ANy help ASAP would be very much appreciated by me.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I just had this problem with accented characters. Since we're selling to mostly French-speaking customers, this can be a problem. I'll have to open a ticket over this since I know that Plesk can allow accented characters as client names and addresses and such. I suspect they are not being properly encoded in XML before being sent to Plesk.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1014 - Parser error: Cannot parse the XML from the source specified

thats my favorite running problem...

the error occurs when umlauts are in clientfields.

the developers had included a plain straightforward conversion using the string replace function below:

strtr($val,"ŠŒŽšœžŸ¥µÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖØÙÚÛÜÝßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõöøùúûüýÿºüÜgGsSçÇöÖiI","SOZsozYYuAAAAAAACEEEEIIIIDNOOOOOOUUUUYsaaaaaaaceeeeiiiionoooooouuuuyyouUgGsScCoOiI");

BUT "our" umlautchars are saved in Database as utf-8 encoded chars. this chars will obviously not converted.

so far.

regards

thats my favorite running problem...

the error occurs when umlauts are in clientfields.

the developers had included a plain straightforward conversion using the string replace function below:

strtr($val,"ŠŒŽšœžŸ¥µÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖØÙÚÛÜÝßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõöøùúûüýÿºüÜgGsSçÇöÖiI","SOZsozYYuAAAAAAACEEEEIIIIDNOOOOOOUUUUYsaaaaaaaceeeeiiiionoooooouuuuyyouUgGsScCoOiI");

BUT "our" umlautchars are saved in Database as utf-8 encoded chars. this chars will obviously not converted.

so far.

regards

where do you insert this string?

also this sring is only coing to replace national characters with the latin ones, and just create the client in plesk with latin chars, right??

also this sring is only coing to replace national characters with the latin ones, and just create the client in plesk with latin chars, right??

I have the same error on my trial version.

not i inserted this string. it is part of the core (should be in functions.php). Matt told me.

Does it function with this string?

no. see my previous post.

i still have the same error, too.

for solution you/or the developer should utf8encode (http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.utf8-encode.php) the ASCII input for the plesk module (maybe in plesk module).

the plesk api always works with utf-8 packages. no matter what kind of user/charset the customer is.

so the utf-8 converting function ist best placed in plesk module. an charset conversion (at least firstname, lastname, address1 and city) would cause no problems and even makes it more compatible.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please do not blame Matt for the terrible API that Parallels provides with Plesk (It is the same type of terrible API that Virtuozzo has) ((This is where I can say "Trust me: I wrote the module"))

Please do not go on the forum saying that "the developer team of WHMCS should give a fix for all of us". You should be happy that it works ½ the time :]

i wrote an own plesk module. so please tell me why the plesk api is terrible?

In my previous post I did not specify that Plesk's API was terrible, I said it is the same type of XML API that Virtuozzo has (which is terrible!)

Are you able to share the Plesk module with the rest of the WHMCS community if you have written your own?

Regards,

Tim