I HATE MODERNBILL!

dbase

I haven't even installed WHMCS yet and I can tell it is a better product. I am a php developer and a seasoned server admin. I have been trying to get moderbill to "FUNCTION" right for the past month. We have done extensive modification to the modernbill system. We talking a hardcore redesign of the look and hooks. The simple fact that modernbill will not even address things that are "required" in order to run a business is unforgivable. Man I am so upset with the amount of time I wasted on their crap. I could have been making money instead of trying to fix their product.

Also I am mad at WHMCS. Why? Because I didn't find it you guys sooner.

We will certainly be customizing WHMCS and you guys can probably expect some code contribution as we develop them for our company.

I also want to thank you all.

I moved from Modernbill today. And already i have everything setup and working great. I am amazed that a big corporation like modernbill can't acheive something as good as this.

Again thank you so much and i only hope more people see sense and move to you guys from modernbill.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree, we used Modernbill for over three years and had managed to muddle through problems here and there, but as of Version 5 we had no choice but to look for another solution after trying many times to get Modernbill to do simple things - like allow our customers to order packages...

If you want to see something interesting, go to Alexa.com and do a traffic comparison between modernbill.com and whmcs.com over the past year - if Alexa is any indication at all it appears that Modernbill has lost thier footing in this space. My $0.02

Thanks Matt for WHMCS!

Here here.

Used Mb for 2 years and it was the worst business decision we ever made. We moved to it from PerlBill and that was a nightmare for our development team to sort out. Nothing but problems, bugs and issues over something so fundamental and important (ie your livelihood), that every time we submitted a support ticket, the standard reply was (What version are you using? If not the latest, upgrade to the latest and that problem will be fixed). Every time we upgraded, the problems weren't fixed and we uncovered more problems and bugs. We had so many mods and plugins installed to get it to do the simple things that upgrades were a major logistical nightmare.

One MB user introduced me to WHMCS through a private note on the MB forums and wow, I can't thank him enough. Matt, you deserve all the success thats coming to you.

Cheers man.

Si

We used MB for about 5 years, and it was ok for a few years on two installations. However the last 18 months has been a nightmare, with the latest v5 a total joke, if you wanted to "migrate" to it from v4.

The best move we made was coming to WHMCS, makes our life so much easier, as it should do.

We too were MB5 afflicted!

I still can not beleive the support was 9-5 for their product! - waiting 1-2 days for a reply to something that was crucial to your company was crippling and you can bet it was a reply that asked for more info! then another 1-2 days wait!

When you compare the whole program and support you get with WHMCS there really is no comparison!

Paul

I would agree guys, modernbill is a big pile of pants. Nothing works 100% and it rapes system resources aswell even on a well dressed linux box.

Would like to say guys just switched over to yourselves and I am ver very pleased at how things look and feel. I am sure I speak for you all when I say we are all out to make a living and WHMCS makes life a whole lot easier.

We had modern bill 4 for about 2 years then stupidly upgraded to version 5... everything broke - customers were not getting invoiced, getting suspended for no reason, it was a nightmare.

Within a month we found WHMCS, got a trial license and fell in love.

It truley puzzles me why Moderngigabyte arnt pulling there finger out and starting a new version - its clear the competition is destroying it, yet there release schedule is almost non existent.

I seriously think unless version 5.5 or 6 is something completely new, their customer base will continue to be people using v4 that cant take the risk of moving system.

Looking forward to your contributions dbase :-)

• 4 weeks later...

I've also tried out Modernbill and while all companies have their +'s and -'s... customer support has really been a deciding factor and WHMCS is far better in that department. I love their response time and they actually keep up with their forum! I also love the clean design and how easy it has been to learn how to run everything. Takes a little time but it's not overwhelming because of how everything is laid out so nicely.

I also agree.

MB is so slow in loading..... the new MB is even slower than the previous version.

My client using MB to subscribe our products and services got confused with the invoice issues. We lost a lot of clients while we were using MB to register. I now switched to WHMCS and find it a lot easier to use and implement, and hopefully get it launch soon.