Problem with Resellerclub after upgrade to 4.5.1

Hi,

I upgraded WHMCS module to 4.5.1 and ever since, there is an error in Reseller club module - CURL Error: 7 - couldn't connect to host. Are there any problems in the new version? The older version was working fine and nothing has been changed anywhere.

Is anyone else facing this same issue.

Thank you.

This is a known issue with servers that have bounded more than 1 IP on the Ethernet interface. If the outbound request doesn’t came from a specific IP, then the server always establish the outbound connection using the first bounded IP of the Ethernet interface.

Solution:

You simply figure out which is the primary bounded IP of the Ethernet interface and then simply white list this IP at resellerclub.

Hi,

Thank you for your replies. The issue seems to have been happening since I upgraded to 4.5.1. I was already using Reseller club API from before and it was working correctly. Suddenly the issue has cropped up. Any other solutions?

Thank you

Hi, having same problem as everyone else.

Error:

Registrar Error

CURL Error: 7 - couldn't connect to host

url]http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_4.5_Release_Notes#Release_Notes[/url] in regards to changes with 4.5.1 & ResellerClub.

Configuring ResellerClub (v 4.5)

1.Login to the ResellerClub control panel (the url will be in the email you received when you signed up with them) and then go to Settings > Personal Information > Primary Profile - the value you need to note is the Reseller ID.

2.Still in the ResellerClub control panel, go to Settings -> API and enter the IP address of the server where WHMCS is installed to authorize it for API access

3.Now, login to your WHMCS Administration Area

4.Go to Setup > Domain Registrars

5.Choose "Resellerclub" in the registrar dropdown menu and enter the Reseller ID noted above and password you set when you signed up.

6.Then click Save Changes

Things I have done:

- Everything was working before 4.5.1 update

- Configured API settings at reseller club (with support checking IP was correct too)

- Configured WHMCS Register settings (ID and password checked!)

- Contacted my server host (Curl is functioning fine!)

Still got problem and no solution, please help me.

Ray

ray@skyunlimitedhosting.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just installed the update, waiting for all the bugs to be worked out, so went from 4.4.2 to 4.5.2.

I had a problem originally when RC made the api v2 mandatory, but, got that sorted out quite a while ago. I didn't have a problem with RC until I upgraded, then immediately started getting the curl 7 error. I tried both the shared IP and the dedicated IP for the account and it didn't make any difference.

I noted that the old RC registrar module files were included, just renamed so I renamed the new ones and started using the old ones. That worked the first try, so there is something up with the new RC module.

• 2 months later...

dowload the 4.4 release

go to

<WHMCS directory>/modules/registrars/resellerclub

in your 4.5 release

and repleace resellerclub.php and resellerclubsync.php

That's all

Hi, having same problem as everyone else.

Error:

Registrar Error

CURL Error: 7 - couldn't connect to host

url]http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_4.5_Release_Notes#Release_Notes[/url] in regards to changes with 4.5.1 & ResellerClub.

Configuring ResellerClub (v 4.5)

1.Login to the ResellerClub control panel (the url will be in the email you received when you signed up with them) and then go to Settings > Personal Information > Primary Profile - the value you need to note is the Reseller ID.

2.Still in the ResellerClub control panel, go to Settings -> API and enter the IP address of the server where WHMCS is installed to authorize it for API access

3.Now, login to your WHMCS Administration Area

4.Go to Setup > Domain Registrars

5.Choose "Resellerclub" in the registrar dropdown menu and enter the Reseller ID noted above and password you set when you signed up.

6.Then click Save Changes

Things I have done:

- Everything was working before 4.5.1 update

- Configured API settings at reseller club (with support checking IP was correct too)

- Configured WHMCS Register settings (ID and password checked!)

- Contacted my server host (Curl is functioning fine!)

Still got problem and no solution, please help me.

Ray

ray@skyunlimitedhosting.com

• 3 months later...

In case if someone still dealing with this issue.

Even though correct IP addresses were specified I was still getting CURL error 7.

I have changed a line in includes\xmlrpc.php from

curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, $this->verifypeer);

to

curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

And this fixed the issue.

PS. WHMCS 4.5.1, PHP 5.3.8 on Windows server

If you are looking for additional info on this issue check this post:

/http://drupal.org/node/1081534

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...