Ajax Domain Search

Is it just limited to .com / .net TLDs? If not, how do you show the other TLDs?

Is the table customisable with CSS?

Is it customisable overall?

Could a web designer (whos good in HTML and CSS) edit it to a huge extent?

As explained earlier in the short video. My testing server only has .com / .net setup. Any TLD setup in WHMCS will be looked up.

The table is located in a Smarty template file found in "order/templates/ajaxdomain.tpl". It is completely customizable!

100% Open source and designer friendly.

Well followed your steps in the install description however it isn’t working out and doesn’t give any errors why it's not. Either in the ajax order form as a custom page and multiple browsers. Clearing the cache helped neither.

Hey Xeron;

Contact me through support and I will be happy to take a look for you and see whats going on.

Looking forward from hearing back from you.

Regards,

Jeremy Haber

Any feedback from the people who've bought this?

Reviews for this product are non-existent at the moment. I know you have been weary about buying this so I have provided you with a promotional code to get this for free :lol:

Check your private messages!

I hope you will share your experience with the rest of the community.

Enjoy 8)

Hi,

If domain is registered, can it give the option to either transfer or automanage?

can it be translated?

how does it handles hosting packages? the links are created automatically and with the correct id?

Regards,

This tool was designed to search for domains and offer to register/transfer them. It is not intended for the actually order process. However that being said it should not be too hard to customize it to work for individual product registration.

Since this is completely open source you can easily translate and customize the whole document.

As explained earlier in the short video. My testing server only has .com / .net setup. Any TLD setup in WHMCS will be looked up

Every TLD or just those that you've marked in WHMCS to always search (i.e. is it relying on existing whmcs functionality or a straight db query ?)

Does it wait for enter to be pressed or a pause ?

Can it check availability of multiple TLDs in one search ( the video's not clear, bt the screen sot seems to imply it) ?

Every TLD or just those that you've marked in WHMCS to always search (i.e. is it relying on existing whmcs functionality or a straight db query ?)

Does it wait for enter to be pressed or a pause ?

Can it check availability of multiple TLDs in one search ( the video's not clear, bt the screen sot seems to imply it) ?

This addon is integrated with the current WHMCS domain search functionality. It will search only the domain TLD's active in the database.

It works on both the enter being pressed and time based solution. It will only make a call if the domain validates and the user inputted a new domain name to search. In other words we try and keep the Ajax queries to a minimum well providing an optimum result.

The addon has two different modes. One mode shows only the result for the domain searched. The other mode shows the results for the domain with all the available TLD's.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not integrated into the cart at all, this uses the Ajax Order form to perform the search. It is specifically intended for use outside of WHMCS or inside other pages of WHMCS.

One thing to note is that javascript does have a same origin policy. This means that the ajax request has to come from the same port and domain level (aka subdomain.domain.com can't use the script from domain.com). We do have a fix for this that will allow you to make the request when necessary. The only reason I just brought this up is a few people have been asking about this and it will require a little bit of adjustments to the settings.

We will be adding this fix to our client area shortly. For those that require a workaround for the same origin policy.

It's not integrated into the cart at all, this uses the Ajax Order form to perform the search. It is specifically intended for use outside of WHMCS or inside other pages of WHMCS.

One thing to note is that javascript does have a same origin policy. This means that the ajax request has to come from the same port and domain level (aka subdomain.domain.com can't use the script from domain.com). We do have a fix for this that will allow you to make the request when necessary. The only reason I just brought this up is a few people have been asking about this and it will require a little bit of adjustments to the settings.

We will be adding this fix to our client area shortly. For those that require a workaround for the same origin policy.

Hello

Which order form does it redirect to ? (Ajax or normal? (can we choose ?))

Just to confirm this will work on

whmcs: domain.com/portal/cart.php

Cheers

Yes you can choose what form it redirects to. You may have to do a bit of tweaking to the order form to get it to work properly. By default it redirects to the normal cart.

And yes this addon will work without any tweaking or javascript workarounds on these pages:

whmcs: domain.com/portal/cart.php

• 2 months later...
Are you aware of any issues to use this on the new WHMcs 4.5 release?

Like with any upgrade, make sure you backup before you preform the upgrade. This will be the best way to secure your data in case anything breaks.

There should not be any issue when upgrading to the newest version of WHMCS as long as you are you using a version of this tool with the file "/order/ajaxdomain.php".

If you are using this tool and do not have the file "/order/ajaxdomain.php" you are using an older version of this tool that use the original method. You will have to edit the file "/order/index.php" after the upgrade. You may want to update to the latest version of this tool after the upgrade to avoid editing this file after future updates.

Like always if you need assistance feel free to contact us through our support panel.