Multiple TLD Ordering

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

In an upcoming release of WHMCS there will be support for multiple TLD ordering. Here's a preview. Please provide your feedback on how it works and anything that you think is missing and it will be considered.

Domain Availability Checker (Checks availability on all TLDs)

> http://www.whmcs.com/beta/domainchecker.php

Order Form (Allows ordering of a package when coming from the domain availability checker and multiple TLDs of a domain to be ordered in a single order)

> http://www.whmcs.com/beta/order.php

Matt

Just want I need Matt! Tried it out looks good, I like these new options!

Had a question, is it possible to default it for 2 years? Not sure if you can do this already...but would be kind of cool to be able to choose this option within WHMCS as a setting as the default choice.

suggested other domains - good work :)

one thing to remember is *not* to do all the TLDs - needs to allow selection of which extensions to include (preferably with "groups" so you can have control over it)

for example, athough we can and do register .ltd.uk, its a "closed" TLD, so we wouldnt want a generic search including it as an "extra" domain for people to pick

on the 1 package, multiple domains - need to be able to pick *which* of the chosen domains is going to be the one hosted.

better yet, after the choice of how many years, allow shopper selection of {associated-domain-product} like forwarding, hosting, registration only, dns, parking etc

Matt That is awesome exactly what is needed but I agree with othellotech

on the 1 package, multiple domains - need to be able to pick *which* of the chosen domains is going to be the one hosted or if several domains - need to be able to associate diff hosting packages similar to a shopping cart. How about it I wanted two different domain names how can that be done. But for now to start that is excellent. When will we see this?

Very nice :)

Agree with the others - need to specify which domain is the primary, and which are just additional domains. Infact, why not add on options for "this domain should be aliased to my primary domain" (ie a parked domain) and "setup this domain as a sub-account" (ie Addon domain) (both in cPanel-speak). We frequently get requests of this nature so to have it automated and listed in the order would certainly reduce our support load :)

It would be awesome if this is the precursor to full multi-package ordering. If you want a simple system to use as an example, see how Whoiscart did it - mindyou I guess it was simple because it didn't do much :D

• WHMCS CEO

At the moment, the domain the user searches for will be the primary domain and therefore the one the package uses. Having to select a primary domain would add another configurable option for the user and everyone's always asking for a simpler, shorter order form - would it ever be any different to the domain they initially wanted?

And trust me, I won't be using WhoisCart as an example of how to do things! :)

Matt

Matt would it be possible when searching for a domain and it gives you all the TLD options that it bypass the amount of years for each domain. I would like the client to buy the domain and the hosting service for the same amount of time not 5 years on domain and 1 year for hosting service. How would that work? will there be an option?

• WHMCS CEO
Matt would it be possible when searching for a domain and it gives you all the TLD options that it bypass the amount of years for each domain. I would like the client to buy the domain and the hosting service for the same amount of time not 5 years on domain and 1 year for hosting service. How would that work? will there be an option?

Well you don't have to offer a 5 year domain registration option - you configure the registration lengths you offer in Configuration > Domain Pricing.

Matt

At the moment, the domain the user searches for will be the primary domain and therefore the one the package uses. Having to select a primary domain would add another configurable option for the user and everyone's always asking for a simpler, shorter order form - would it ever be any different to the domain they initially wanted?

Ah cool, that makes sense. I suppose you could have a a radio button next to the extra domains - 'Make this domain the primary'.

And trust me, I won't be using WhoisCart as an example of how to do things! :)

Matt

Hehe :D

Absolutely Wonderful! I'm glad this is becoming an option!

After making my selections and getting to the checkout, I went back to modify the domain and changed it to transfer - it kept the other domains checked and at the checkout it shows transfer on all of the domains.

Hosting Packages - Demo Product	$4.95 USD
Domain Transfer - testingwhmcs.com - 1 Year/s	$10.00 USD
Domain Transfer - testingwhmcs.net - 1 Year/s	$10.00 USD
Domain Transfer - testingwhmcs.biz - 1 Year/s	$10.00 USD
Domain Transfer - testingwhmcs.info - 1 Year/s	$10.00 USD
Domain Transfer - testingwhmcs.co.uk - 2 Year/s	$20.00 USD

There should be some way to reset the selections if a user changes it from register a domain to transfer a domain... Or re-check at that point for available domains they can register or if the domain is already taken, offer (perhaps in a seperate box) to include them in the transfer...

Example: I want to transfer test.com - It checks and finds test.net is taken but the other extensions are available, offer them for me to register, and in another box separate from the register choices, show test.net with a disclaimer such as "If you own the domain(s) listed below, check which ones to transfer in addition to test.com"

I can't wait to have this option... thanks!!

Maybe when the domain checker returns all TDLs available give 2 options at that point.

1. register domain/s only.

2. Add a hosting package along with your order and any add-ons to that package (eg. dedicated IP, SSL Certificate).

Oh also a suggestion tool for the domain name is always a plus.

Just a suggestion. :)

Maybe let the user choose which TLD's to search instead of the whole shebang.

I have a lot of TLD's enabled and would hate for them all to be searched every time.

Also if you could pull up the pricing on the "Order a domain only" form that would be good.

Overall it looks good.

What I really like about Matt, is he doesn't appear to have an elitist attitude like some other mbilling applications and actually looks for community feedback on implementing such a feature to make it complete the first time around.

Thanks again Matt for confirming why I chose WHMCS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used the link provided in this post and searched for google.com ! When I clicked the WHOIS it seemed like the google whois was hacked or something.. (I know this is a bit off topic.. but try it.. you will see what i mean )

On the other hand.. What do you think about this option for domain names lookup: To make the search available even if the user types in the domain extension after the domain name.. Exemple.. If a user wants to look for the following domain name: "testing" but in the search field, instead of typing "testing" and selects the extension from the drop down menu, the user enters "testing.com". I notice that godaddy.com allows those type of searches..

This is just a suggestion.. I know most people will search for "testing" instead of "testing.com".. :)

Ramy, that can be easily done with a little bit of js. just split the word at the leftermost period right before submitting and then try to match with your options, or use com.

Another thing you can do which is easier, is to strip the period out.

In any case, I'd hate for that to be in the encoded php because at least now the user has control over these things.

Oh and the google hack has been around of and on for a long time and just depends what whois server you connect to.