WHMCS Chat/Live Support Module!!

Most of you are aware of my update last week indicating that I started work on this module. Although still very primitive considering all the features planned, I was able to dedicate more time the last 2 days to this projects and am pleased to announce it's currently being used in production at http://www.fiberelephant.com/

This basically means that you can all expect it far sooner than I had initially expected :)

As I mentioned, there's quite a few amazing and 100% unique features planned, but as it stands I know many of you(myself included) are just looking for a suitable solution and that all the bells and whistles can come with time. That being said, I plan to release version 1.0 this week :)

At the moment I'm working on the console's stylesheet, admin module, and some minor features. So at this point I welcome you all to test out the front end(if we're online) at http://www.fiberelephant.com/ and would like you all to make as many feature suggestions as possible because although I'd like to think that I've come up with some pretty exciting things, I'd hate to simply forget something crucial.

I will be releasing an encoded and unencoded version of this module, but I'd also like to get an idea of what you all think is a fair price for either. The way I see it, this module will soon rival many other live support solutions and will accomplish things only possible by integrating with WHMCS.

A select few(already determined) will be receiving a beta copy in the next day or two. Once I have determined that everything is up to "my standards" and any bugs are worked out I will update this topic with demos and purchase information.

So let's hear all your ideas/feedback, and help me determine a fair price :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, I requested a chat and nobody responded - not sure if that's a bug or you were busy?

Anyway, something I never really understood about the other chat module was how exactly it integrated with WHMCS and what the advantage was over something like Livezilla?

Looks good, I requested a chat and nobody responded - not sure if that's a bug or you were busy?

Anyway, something I never really understood about the other chat module was how exactly it integrated with WHMCS and what the advantage was over something like Livezilla?

Sorry I was busy, go ahead and try it again :)

There are quite a few advantages.. 1 would be that you only have to login to 1 system to manage everything. Beyond that there's things like the ability to pull up customer accounts, tickets, invoices, etc.. all automatically while you're chatting with them, or even add things to potential customer's cart for them after you've answered all their sales questions.

The list will certainly go on, and once you've all had a chance to see all the features for yourselves then you can make that decision for yourself.

Edited by siforek

Something strange is going on...

When I clicked 'Live Support Online' it would go straight to waiting for an operator without asking my name or for a department, I assume you didn't get the request this way?

After restarting my browser it asks my name but clicking the chat button just closed the chat window.

Something strange is going on...

When I clicked 'Live Support Online' it would go straight to waiting for an operator without asking my name or for a department, I assume you didn't get the request this way?

After restarting my browser it asks my name but clicking the chat button just closed the chat window.

Yeah, I'm working on it.. I got all your requests though. I'm basically trying to figure out a good solution to clearing the session when you close the window & once I do that it'll be seemless. Go a head and restart your browser(clear session) and try it again :)

Yes I was looking for it to... Maybe an Offline "icon"... Would be a good feature...

That's actually a simple setting that you can alter to fit your needs.. Along with showing a text link, image, and/or tracking code you can set whether to show anything at all if you're not online :)

I realized that this type of demo only really works when I'm available, so prior to it's release I will be offering a trial so you can try everything out on your own system :)

can i beta test this siforek?

i already bought this module (i think)... from gurumani first

I will be considering discounts for those who have purchased it from whmcsdev.com once it's released, but I want to make something completely clear: This module is 100% coded by me and no part of the first module has been used in this. Really it has no association with the first module except it's a live chat module.

This module is coming along nicely and I have no doubt I'll be able to release something this week(a few days), but I'm still looking for as much feedback and feature requests as possible.

Also, an idea just came to me: What about the ability to use this module to provide live support on multiple websites? And by that I mean that there's different online/offline image/link code for different sites which can be used to not only delegate admins to supporting different sites, but also to display completely different chat window designs to the visitor/customer.. Good idea?

It came to me because I run multiple sites that I'd like live chat on, yet I only want to login to one console, don't want all of my staff to support every site, and I want every visitor's chat experience to be branded by the design that fits the site they are viewing. Just an idea, but it wouldn't really be that difficult to implement in the next week.

Again, please give any possible feedback :)

- Custom chat window for all sites.

- ability to add a client operator who can only see other operators and check visitors assigned to the domain he is on Big big +++

- Offer visitor tracking (Offline & Online)

- Automatically Pro-active chat every ~5 clicks

- Linux and Windows Chat App (Windows but being flexible you would offer Linux)

- Chat transcripts with the ability for the client to login and check chat script assigned to his/her company.

- Automatic Minute counter... with a cron sending minutes to system email daily...

Thats all that come's to mind... Plus ability to rate chats chatter to send himself a transcript and so on... Any questions or comments let me know...

Hi,

Your chat system not working? I have been coming back day and night to check if it is online still no chat icon... IE8 throws a ton of js errors and google chrome shows me nothing...

Thanks for the notice about IE8, I'll sort this out. At the moment this module is still under development so my staff aren't using it yet, hence only being able to test it when I'm available.

Once it's ready for version 1.0 release I will be providing full demos/trials not dependent on me being online to try it out for yourself :) In the mean time I'll do my best to be online as much as possible.

- Offer visitor tracking (Offline & Online)

- Automatically Pro-active chat every ~5 clicks

- Linux and Windows Chat App (Windows but being flexible you would offer Linux)

- Chat transcripts with the ability for the client to login and check chat script assigned to his/her company.

ability to rate chats chatter to send himself a transcript and so on...

All these will be included this/next week.

- Custom chat window for all sites.

This is being planned out.

- ability to add a client operator who can only see other operators and check visitors assigned to the domain he is on Big big +++

This one while a very good suggestion, will go on my "maybe" list and I'll consider it more if there's a greater demand for it.

- Automatic Minute counter... with a cron sending minutes to system email daily...

Not quite sure what you mean by this?? It currently displays the duration of the chat and once over stores to total time for use in admin stats, etc..

Looking forward to this also, forgive me for asking, but i quite simply cant be bothered to read through everything again if you've already written it lol,

How much will this module be for people previously purchased from whmcsdev.com i think it is?

And how much will this module be for new customers?

Also does it have any features for instance if new chat comes in with a email already in database it brings up the customers details or if there logged in maybe?