Password is not showing in template email

tracedef

We're trying to cut down on emails to client down to one email, so we took the data from the "Client Signup Email", disabled it from being sent and posted the info it included into the "Hosting Account Welcome Email".

When an order is placed, the end user receives one email with all of their information including their newly created Cpanel login info.

The problem is that the "Password: {$client_password}" from "Client Signup Email" does not work in the "Hosting Account Welcome Email" tempate, the password is hidden, even though the email is system generated....

Is there any obvious way to fix this? We're trying to simplify everything regarding logons and emails and as it stands the user has 4 logins (wordpress, whmcs, cpanel, forums) and multiple emails from each....

@doudi80: Agreed. Bummer that something that helps streamline communication with end user would be disabled. It seems counter intuitive that WHMCS generated emails wouldn't recognize their own system generated password fields or would hide them or wouldn't simply encrypt them as their native form does.

Don't get me wrong: we ALSO have problems with this. However, a "good" company is not able to see his users passwords. Like the bank doesn't know your PIN number or a mobile operator has your personal SIM password stored.

There have been a lot of cases where someone (a support member) used the password of a user to access their mailbox, bank etc because users (=people) use the same password at different places...

Like the bank doesn't know your PIN number

The bank does now your PIN, and depending on their authority level, Telephone Banking operators can see your whole password (some just the "n" characters they're asking for, and others none, but type what you tell them into a system which returns yes or no)

It's all about providing the software *users* the choice on how these things are handled - for example removing the ability to access the actual password has stopped our ability to authenticate a user on telephone support, as we asked for the 1st 2 characters from their password before making changes to their account etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Agreed, who is WHMCS to determine how we should store our passwords? This should have been a configurable option...

I was just trying to resend a welcome message and realized the PW was *****.

What is the point of a Welcome message reminder other then to remind them of their PW?

PLEASE MAKE THIS CONFIGURABLE!!!!!!

My partner and myself are the only one in the system so I don't care about hiding passwords.