PayPal IPN URL

Syfonic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can someone tell me what I've done wrong? My payments are not being marked as complete...

You must log into Paypal, click on "Profile" and then "Instant Payment Notification", in there "Enable IPN", it will then ask for the URL, this is the one given to you from the WHMCS admin area under you payment gateway settings;

http://www.syfonic.com/customer

Set that up and you will be flying.

• 7 months later...
Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://www.mymainwebsitename.com

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,

PayPal

Just received the above email from PayPal.

Here's our problem:

We have TWO installs of WHMCS and use our Business PayPal account on numerous other websites we operate. - What URL should I put in our "Notification URL" in our "Instant Payment Notification (IPN)" settings?

Since we operate more than WHMCS license - we're lost...

Thanks for your help!

• WHMCS Support Manager

The URL entered at PayPal isn't important, we used to advise it be left blank until PayPal put a stop to that. WHMCS automatically sends the correct IPN URL with each payment. My theory about this error is that it's being caused by a subscription payment that WHMCS cannot identify which client it belongs to and therefore fails.

You can check History > IPN History in your PayPal account for more information.

The URL entered at PayPal isn't important, we used to advise it be left blank until PayPal put a stop to that. WHMCS automatically sends the correct IPN URL with each payment. My theory about this error is that it's being caused by a subscription payment that WHMCS cannot identify which client it belongs to and therefore fails.

You can check History > IPN History in your PayPal account for more information.

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

This makes total sense now. As we have about 12+ customers who had subscriptions with us through PayPal for years before we started using WHMCS - since they were such long time customers, we didn't want to bother them or go through the hassle of bothering them to cancel their subscription and start a new one through WHMCS.

I guess an email is in order telling them we need them to migrate to our "new" system. We'll tell them we will cancel their current subscription with PayPal, and when they get their next invoice notification via email, to create a new subscription.

Unless anyone else has another suggestion :)

Thanks again, John!

• 1 month later...

Greetings,

Last invoice paid by my customer through WHMCS has resulted in the IPN email warning.

Here's potentially what triggered that.

Transaction before that was NOT thru WHMCS but an old paypal subscription we missed cancelling. That triggered an IPN email warning.

Next transaction WAS through WHMCS - where we did get the warning.

Ideas?