Alert Client - Add Client Area Alerts Product / Group Specific From The Admin Area

Hi,

I'm releasing a new module tonight, written to the new 4.4 code framework. It came from a need of one of my customers who needed to display alerts to clients in their home area, without editing HTML and TPL files.

What it does & allows you to do

From the admin area of WHMCS, you can create 'alerts' which which can be displayed to customers. They can be filtered down to either a blanket of ALL clients, or per product & product group.

You create an alert for all customers with the cPanel Silver Package and all the customers with products in the Dedicated Server Group, as the data center housing these is expiriencing network issues. You select the level as Severe and the warning will be displayed to all clients with active services matching those criteria.

As soon as the issue is resolved, you can either delete the alert or mark it as inactive to prevent it being displayed to clients.

There are four default colours / icons that come with Alert Client and you can add as many as you want to style it exactly to your site.

It can either generate HTML and display it on your site, with NO TEMPLATE MODIFICATIONS or you can use a template variable to place it exactly where you want it. You can even access the alerts in an array, and display them in your own way, there are no limits to the output & style of the design.

This module may sound very simple, but it is designed to save you time and make your WHMCS look even more professional. With this in place, you can trust other admins to edit the client area, without touching any files what so ever.

As with all of my modules, I have written it well, and I will continue to release regular updates to it & keep it compliant with the rapid development of WHMCS.

Order Link: https://b-digital.biz/members/cart.php?a=add&pid=58

I have also attached some screenshots so you can see the default layout of the alerts.

Best Regards,

Josh

Screen shot 2011-01-17 at 17.58.21.jpg

Screen shot 2011-01-17 at 17.58.37.jpg

Screen shot 2011-01-17 at 17.59.19.jpg

Screen shot 2011-01-17 at 17.59.27.jpg

Screen shot 2011-01-17 at 18.01.27.jpg

Screen shot 2011-01-17 at 18.01.58.jpg

@GNS_Harrison - At present, there isn't a demo available, if you were unhappy with the purchase I would refund it within 30 days. I can arrange a trial for you, if you PM me or contact me at sales@b-digital.biz and I will sort that for you. That goes for anyone else who would like a trial too :)

@gs-liam - Thank you! Much appreciated :)

just a question, in the alert criteria is possible select to show an alert based in the language? so i can have an alert for X speaking clients and other for Y speaking clients? or anyway to do it multi-language?

btw, will be great if you integrate this with the network issues section which barely do that same. Also will be a great to have a link in the alert so client can click it so it not show it again.

Thanx!

@PlusPlusHosting - At present, it's not able to specify upon language. But that sounds very useful, and I will more than certainly add it to the next release. :)

Again, that would be a possibility, it purely started as a way to show a message, and then I developed it into a module. It can be expanded, and I will look at adding support for selecting network issues to be shown. You're on fire, all these features to add to it! I will be busy! :)

hehe...i know!

i know how people ask "what is going on?" when you already have a network issue posted and no one see it!

I have asked about "do not show again" link cause im looking to show the message when the user login but not just like a message in the top but like a modal box...so "do not show again" is a must, if not will be bothering them every time they reload the page. I guess using cookies can be achieved.

Thanx again!

As per requests earlier today, I've coded in:

1. Client Alert Targeting - You can show an alert to a specific client
  2. Language Targetting - You can mark which languages will see the alert. Ideal for multilingual clientareas.

No extra configuration is needed to allow you to configure those filters on your alerts, they will work out of the box on new installs & updates. I will finish off a few more things tonight, and then start work on the 'hiding' of the alerts tomorrow. I aim to release the new version tomorrow, within 24 Hours of this post.

It's been a long night... but I got it all done :) New features from customers first impressions:

1. Added Per Client Alerting, as mentioned in the previous post.
  2. Added Per Language Alerting, as mentioned in the previous post.
  3. Added the ability for the client to hide an alert from the client area. Admins can also un-hide the alert(s) from users client area.
  4. Slick AJAX hiding of alerts in the client area. Again, with no template modifications.
  5. AJAX to fetch hidden alerts & display them to the user.

All the HTML is written to avoid disrubtion with JavaScript busy web sites. The elements this module uses are all prefixed, and don't use standard names so there is no chance of conflict with other modules.

Due to the exchange rate at present, this module was overpriced for the USA Market. With all of these new features, it's bang on price for what it enables you to do, so easily.

Best Regards,

Josh

Version 1.1 is now available for download. All of the previously mentioned features are included, with the option to disable them:

1. Added Per Client Alerting, as mentioned in the previous post.
  2. Added Per Language Alerting, as mentioned in the previous post.
  3. Added the ability for the client to hide an alert from the client area. Admins can also un-hide the alert(s) from users client area.
  4. Slick AJAX hiding of alerts in the client area. Again, with no template modifications.
  5. AJAX to fetch hidden alerts & display them to the user.

These new features make Alert Client a lot more dynamic & personal to your company. Alerts are a personal way of contacting a client based on their services with you.

Order link: https://b-digital.biz/members/cart.php?a=add&pid=58

Best Regards,

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

I am gonna take a wild guess that this is encrypted?

Also from your screenshots it did not appear possible to specify the message to be displayed only to specific clients?

Is it possible to add this to the main whmcs page in the admin area so we can manage the alerts in there instead of going to a separate page under addons menu?

I am gonna take a wild guess that this is encrypted?

Also from your screenshots it did not appear possible to specify the message to be displayed only to specific clients?

Is it possible to add this to the main whmcs page in the admin area so we can manage the alerts in there instead of going to a separate page under addons menu?

Yes this module is encrypted. Purely for license checking & the custom framework I have built in the process of making all my modules, which this uses.

In version 1.1 it allows for client specific alerts, yes. So an alert for a singe client is possible. It is also multilingual for the clients, auto detecting their language & falling back to your default language if you have no language file available for their language.

In theory... yes, you could do that. You could do it yourself at the moment with the code available, but there is no built in function to do this, but it wouldn't really be hard to acheive. All the form fields use precise custom names, so they won't conflict with other forms on the page.

Version 1.2 is now out & allows for Sticky Alerts which prevent the clients from hiding them. Also, if the client hide an alert, and you later decide to make it sticky, it will then 'un-hide' it from the clients that have previously hidden it.

Alerts that have been hidden, you can un-hide those specifically or un-hide all at once. Alerts are hidden with AJAX & support Non-JavaScript browsers / clients too. They don't rely upon cookies either. If a client hides an alert on one computer, and logs in again on another, it will still be hidden. They also have an option to show hidden alerts themselves.

I hope this answers your questions :)

Changelog:

V1.1 - Added functionality to filter alerts by client

V1.1 - Added functionality to filter alerts by client language

V1.1 - Added functionality to allow clients to hide/show alerts with optional AJAX functionality.

V1.2 - Fixed bug which wasn't clearing all alert hide links.

V1.2 - Added multi language functionality to the front end for icons & show hidden alert text.

V1.2 - Added feature: Sticky Alerts. These alerts cannot be hidden by the client.

V1.2 - Fixed Admin HTML Code where checkbox bug labels were not functioning correctly.

Is it possible to add an expiration time to the messages? Also is it possible to schedule a future time to start/stop displaying the messages?

First reason = In case a server goes down, we can create a message to be displayed to clients on a specific server and tell that message to expire in 8 hours or earlier when the issue should be resolved. This way we do not forget to remove the message.

Second reason = Having the ability to schedule an alert for a future time/date would be tremendous, this is to allow us to schedule server maintenance and that notice would only show during the times we specified, after that it will automatically expire and remove itself from the client area.

If you can add those 2 features I will buy it.

This new version allows for scheduled alerts!

This means you can set an alert to show at a set time in the future, and it will not display until then & then stop when you require it to stop.

I have attached some screenshots so you can see how easy it is to configure the time & date.

Again, new features requests are welcome & this update is free of charge for all customers!

Best Regards,

Josh

Screen shot 2011-02-01 at 14.17.43.jpg

Screen shot 2011-02-01 at 14.17.52.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Zomex,

When a client hides an alert, it will store it in the database so it's still hidden where ever they log on from. The same goes for when they un-hide it. No cookies are used :)

And yes! It is possible to display alerts on non-WHMCS pages. It will look in the session for the User ID, or you can define it, so it knows what alerts to send back. You can simply use file_get_contents() inside a TPL or PHP file else where on your site. I'll help you out with that, as it's not the standard setup.

It will only send back alerts to pages coming from your WHMCS domain name so it's secure too.

Oh very nice that's taken it one step further :) How does that work for a user that isn't logged in? Does this module only support announcements to users that are logged in?

Just to clarify non-WHMCS pages meaning static HTML/CSS pages not custom WHMCS pages?

Thanks!

I like things to just... work :)

Non clients can't see clientareahome.tpl which is where the alerts are shown by default (You can place them wherever you like though).

If a user isn't logged in, it won't show alerts, but you could force it to by sending it a client ID of a dummy client. This sort of thing will be native when I get a chance to code it in. So you could tick an option to allow public alerts... Don't hold your breath any time soon though, it will be about 4-6 Weeks before I get time. But I will be doing that for sure!

Static HTML pages, as in .HTML... No, there is no way for the web server to draw the content, unless you used an iframe, which I highly discourage. If it's .PHP then you can do it.

You could always write some JavaScript / jQuery to dump the alerts into a placeholder, but I don't know how that would work with the JS already in Alert Client.

Looking at your wide selection of WHMCS modules I can see what you mean :)

Oh I see, I'll hold off until then if that's ok. I've been playing around with jQuery for the last few days (I'm instantly a huge fan as I only know HTML/CSS at this point) and I've read allot about the cookie plugin. It's a bit too complex for me so I'll be happy to wait for your updates :)

Sorry probably not the right word to use. My pages use the PHP extension as I use some minimal PHP (generally includes) so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for your new updates.

Thanks Josh.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...