ENOM connection problem today?

Strats

Although the website says no maintenance is going on, they are doing maintenance, as I have checked directly with them.

I do not think it is correct not to list this, and to have the arrogance, of not knowing when it is complete, and that just because it is 3am in the U.S.A that the rest of the world also is in this timezone.

Most annoyed, as our Enom module is just trying to connect, and not closing the connection after a period of time due to lack of connectivity.

...Most annoyed, as our Enom module is just trying to connect, and not closing the connection after a period of time due to lack of connectivity.

Yes, unfortunately this produce server load 100% and the process killer has to shut down the process and then client see the 500 internal server error page.

Can the code be changed so that the connection times out in WHMCS.

The problem we are having is that if 1 person tries to access any part of WHMCS which attempts to talk to Enom the WHOLE WHMCS system is unavailable for anyone else browsing the site that that time and times out.

The result of this is that it makes it look like a WHMCS issue or worse it looks like we are down.

Can the code be changed so that the connection times out in WHMCS.

The problem we are having is that if 1 person tries to access any part of WHMCS which attempts to talk to Enom the WHOLE WHMCS system is unavailable for anyone else browsing the site that that time and times out.

The result of this is that it makes it look like a WHMCS issue or worse it looks like we are down.

I second this, whmcs should not become unavailable when enom has issues.

• WHMCS CEO

Attached is an update for the Enom module which imposes a 5 second timeout limit so that it isn't hanging for long time while the Enom API is down today. You should restore to the current version of the module as soon as they've straightened things out as the 5 seconds wouldn't be long enough normally.

Matt

EDIT: Removed

Attached is an update for the Enom module which imposes a 5 second timeout limit so that it isn't hanging for long time while the Enom API is down today. You should restore to the current version of the module as soon as they've straightened things out as the 5 seconds wouldn't be long enough normally.

Matt

Did not work for us unfort, it still resulted in a hang, with 100% php load.

I also think this should be handled better by WHMCS, because domain pages can't be opened correctly and it just stops loading page after it reach php's maximum execution time, with just a blank page shown to client, without any explanation, error message etc.

I don't think that is happening...

Matt

It doesn't work, it's still the same.

• WHMCS CEO
Although the website says no maintenance is going on, they are doing maintenance, as I have checked directly with them.

Did they give any specifics? As their API url seems to be returning fine if called directly @ https://reseller.enom.com/interface.asp

Probably why the shortening of the timeout variable hasn't helped for some although it does stop the hanging on load here for me.

Matt

Did they give any specifics? As their API url seems to be returning fine if called directly @ https://reseller.enom.com/interface.asp

Probably why the shortening of the timeout variable hasn't helped for some although it does stop the hanging on load here for me.

Matt

As normal, none. They were doing maintenance which ended hours ago, which thus resulted in something breaking at their end.

Unfort their support is very poor indeed, as they have no further information, or in fact any relevant information.

As normal, none. They were doing maintenance which ended hours ago, which thus resulted in something breaking at their end.

Unfort their support is very poor indeed, as they have no further information, or in fact any relevant information.

Finally got a response from their support:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Technical Support. I'll be happy to answer your questions.

We are receiving a number of notifications about problems with the API at the moment. Our engineers are currently aware of an issue and are trying to localize the cause.

In order to better resolve this issue, we ask us to provide us with the following information:

1. A traceroute from the server executing the API commands to reseller.enom.com

2. The API command that the reseller is running (and receiving the error with), in full URL format (i.e. http://reseller.enom.com/interface.asp?command=getextattributes&uid=********&pw=*******&tld=ca&responsetype=xml) You can blank out your password.

3. The response that the client is receiving from our servers.

We hope this information will help us pin-point the cause of this problem and resolve it as quickly as possible.

I will update this ticket when I have received confirmation that this issue has been resolved.

Best Regards,

Ben H.

Technical Support

I also think this should be handled better by WHMCS, because domain pages can't be opened correctly and it just stops loading page after it reach php's maximum execution time, with just a blank page shown to client, without any explanation, error message etc.

+1 on this, something happening at ENOM (or any third party component) should never effect general access to local information, actually I would go as far as saying that ENOM shouldn't be contacted unless absolutely necessary, viewing local domain information is not one of those times. A simple sync with ENOM button in admin would be the preferred method of checking things and for the customer communication should only be needed if there are changes to things like DNS etc