Brand new site and order!

genious

Hello everyone,

We have launched our new site: http://www.Genious.net

The site is available in more than 20 countries with their own currency and language.

If you try to purchase any product/domain you'd discover our own order platform using the API, so you won't even recognize if it's WHMCS ( It can also be accessed from https://order.genious.net/ ).

Let me know what you guys think!

Hello everyone,

We have launched our new site: http://www.Genious.net

The site is available in more than 20 countries with their own currency and language.

If you try to purchase any product/domain you'd discover our own order platform using the API, so you won't even recognize if it's WHMCS ( It can also be accessed from https://order.genious.net/ ).

Let me know what you guys think!

looks awesome, interested in how you did it?

I won't tell you how we did it but why we did it.

We all know that WHMCS has some limitations, especially for multi-currencies websites.

1. The first thing we needed, since we are available in over 20++ countries, is to set the payment methods per country, I don't want for example to show local payment options to our clients in Kenya to our other clients in the UK.

2. Upselling, there is no easy/clean way to do upselling, we can't include Spam protection, and charge for dedicated IP addresses or SSL in a sleek integration.

3. Different template per product category. There is only one available order template that will apply for all products. No matter if it's a domain name, Dedicated server, Cloud or SSL... And we all know that each product/service is unique and needs to be sold in a particular way.

4. Registration, we can't get rid of any unwanted field, for example Address 2, typing the email twice etc...

That's the reason we went into all this headache... developing from scratch our own cart, order process etc... How it's done... Well, at the end, we just use the WHMCS API to submit the order, once the order is placed, then the clients needs to login directly to clients.genious.net ( WHMCS ), to manage his account.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Your portal is awesome but I did not see language selector in your whmcs portal.

it's at the top of the page - I think the site uses geolocation to determine your language/currency choice (i just went there via a singapore proxy), but you can change it from the dropdown.

WGNGY90.png

Your portal is awesome but I did not see language selector in your whmcs portal.

As @Brian said, it depends on where you are actually located, the International website is only available in English, we do offer Language selection for countries we support that have multiple languages like Morocco ( Arabic and French ) or Canada ( French and English ).

Plus, order.genious.net is NOT WHMCS portal! The WHMCS portal can be accessible from clients.genious.net and there you can pick any language you want.

- - - Updated - - -

what is the price?

Unfortunately this isn't for sale, we did that for our own use. But who knows... Someday we may release it for the public :)

Hamza

- - - Updated - - -

do you use megamenu ?

What's megamenu? I googled this and it doesn't seem like we do.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Marvelous! Just marvelous......anyhoo's a few questions if you may. Also, good luck with your adventure and Happy Holidays brothaman!

• How many estimate hours would you say this required? If you had to do it all over again, would it require same amount of time? If not, how much % less?

• Are you happy you built on Drupal? Why even bother with a CMS?

• How big do you want to get? 150 domains? 1,000?

• Can you please share any tips advice for launching your website? Generating leads, etc..

• What websites / forums did you find yourself using alot? For example, cPanel, WebHostTalk, WHMCS, etc..

• Did you carve up a mini business plan or just kinda wingin' it?

• What are your server specs?

• Are you managing the MX Records or using someone else?

• Did you decide to use a Premium DNS provider like GoDaddy or DNSMadeEasy?

• 2 weeks later...
Marvelous! Just marvelous......anyhoo's a few questions if you may. Also, good luck with your adventure and Happy Holidays brothaman!

Thank you!

• How many estimate hours would you say this required? If you had to do it all over again, would it require same amount of time? If not, how much % less?

Let's say it took something like 6 months from one highly qualified dev with deep knowledge of WHMCS

• Are you happy you built on Drupal? Why even bother with a CMS?

Pretty much, we had to use a CMS, but we did actually modify the core of Drupal multisite so it fits our needs. All the sites are actually built in one Drupal instance... and that was challenging.

• How big do you want to get? 150 domains? 1,000?

1M :)

• Can you please share any tips advice for launching your website? Generating leads, etc..

We are mainly focused in the Moroccan market, we've launched the African part and Middle east but I have to be frank, we haven't had time yet to focus on these regions.

• What websites / forums did you find yourself using alot? For example, cPanel, WebHostTalk, WHMCS, etc..

None :P

• Did you carve up a mini business plan or just kinda wingin' it?

I've been in the Hosting industry for the past 12 years, and I have never done a business plan so far, even for my other ventures.

• What are your server specs?

Nothing fancy.

• Are you managing the MX Records or using someone else?

We do.

• Did you decide to use a Premium DNS provider like GoDaddy or DNSMadeEasy?

We're using our own DNS platform.

Hope I've answered all your questions.