Domains

cyberpedz

Question

HI i am looking at WHMCS as an option but i don't quite understand the domain features of this. Would somebody kindly explain how this process works?

I can see WHMCS has partnered with domain services but how does this work for me the user of WHMCS?

I mean can i simply offer domains on my site but the processing etc is done through the partners?

Do i have to buy domain names to then sell on?

Do i pay the partners a set fee?

How does it work?

1 answer to this question

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

you will need an account with on of the Domain Registrar companies listed on our website: http://www.whmcs.com/features/supported-modules/

• You set the prices you wish to charge clients for domain names.
  • Clients comes to your WHMCS installation, orders products and domains, then pays.
  • WHMCS sends the registration off to your chosen domain registrar company and registers the domain automatically.
  • You pay the domain registrar company for this domain (usually from a pre-funded account balance)
  • The difference between your price and the cost is your profit
  • Clients can manage the domain (change nameservers, update whois details, renew etc.) through their WHMCS client area.

Hope that helps!