email account ban

ramlohia20

there's an addon module that can do both of the things that you ask about - Client PermBlock Addon

https://www.whmcs.com/appstore/3090/Client-PermBlock-Addon.html

I haven't tried this, but it might be possible to achieve 1) by instead of deleting the client account using the email address you want to block, just closing it...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Clients:Summary_Tab#Close_Clients_Account

Close Clients Account

Closing a client's account will prevent them from being able to login to the client area. This link will also change the status of unpaid invoices to cancelled, and all services to cancelled. It will not run any module termination functions.

the point being that you can't have two accounts using the same email address - so once the account is closed, they should be unable to login, or create another account using the same email address.

there used to be a way to do 2) too - which was to add the domain manually to a dummy/test account in WHMCS... then when someone tried to register the domain via cart of domainchecker, it checked to see if the domain already existed in the database...

however, after a WHMCS update, I think that function stopped working.... I did report it as a bug in February 2014 and it was given an internal case no: 4629 - as far as i'm aware, it has not yet been fixed... hopefully it will be in v6.