WHMCS for a Computer Repair Company

CrunchyToast

So, it's been about 2 years now since I posted on this. I had to create a new thread as the system wouldn't let me simply reply. Here is the original post: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?64970-WHMCS-for-a-computer-repair-company

I did purchase WHMCS and also Project manager addon.

Each customer has an account (of course). What I do to link (register) a computer system on their account is create a hidden product for each computer and submit an order to add that item to the customer account.

This seems to be a tedious task of creating more and more products to link to accounts. Does anyone have another idea I could go with (while my database is still somewhat small)?

Hi,

Simple. You need to develop or contact someone to develop for you an addon module. There's no need to treat a PC as an order on WHMCS, it's so painful. From the addon module you will be able to register all PCs and/or anything else you need and associate them to the owner (WHMCS client). In the module you can play with all filters you want and if necessary even export results on excel, upload documents bla bla bla... in other words it's possible.

Edited by Kian

• 2 weeks later...

Note to anyone interested:

I am currently writing a module for the exactly what I said I needed. I didn't realize how simple it would be.

Current Features:

- Add a system to a customer

- Edit a system

- Delete a system

- Move a system to another customer

System Fields:

-Type

-ID

-Model

-Operating System

-Bit Type

-CPU Model

-CPU Cores

-CPU Frequency

-Memory

-Memory Type

-Notes

I will be expanding it as well to include customer network information.

If you would be interested in this, please let me know.