I am using EWAY as my payment Gatway for processing payments from WHMCS, What I wanted to know from someone here is how do I enable CVN so that all the payments that I am accepting have been verified.
Any ideas on this will be appreciated
This is from EWAY website
eWAY allows you to collect your customer's CVN number, the 3 or 4 digit number on their credit card. This allows you to confirm that the customer has physical control of the card they are using, rather than just the card number.
* Minimise the risk of charge-backs, if the credit card has support for CVN and an incorrect CVN is entered then the transaction will fail. This means there is no need to request a refund as the transaction is unsuccessful. This SAVES YOU TIME AND MONEY.
* Use this information to determine if you should send your goods or services.
* If the purchase failed and a CVN was provided then the credit card is possibly fraudulent and should be treated with caution.
* If you have doubts, then ask your customer to fax the front and back of their credit card to you.
* Not all banks currently check the CVN, an incorrect CVN may be entered and the transaction may still be processed successfully. However if a CVN is entered and the transaction does fail this means that the CVN entered may be incorrect and should act as a warning for you when dealing with the customer.