How to add automatic notes to invoices

Hi

do you mean add it to the PDF? or the basic invoice template?

You could edit pdfconfig.php add a few Write() lines in if you want to add a perminate note there (company terms for example)

Or

the invoice template in your skins folder you could add some information there.

If im barking up the wrong tree and thats nothing like you ment. sorry :D

As I read this topic I remembered that there is an option in WHMCS to add a note to an invoice. So I thought the TS did mean to have a standard text added to that note.

It would be a lot of work to edit the templates in order to add a seasonal note like 'season's greetings' or 'we wish you a happy New Year' etc.

Would it not be great to have an option within WHMCS to enter a text which would be automatically added to this very note section of every invoice?

• 3 weeks later...

I agree.

I need to add basic company information such as ABN (Australian Business Number) and other references required by law here in Australia.

Not sure if this is catered for in the current system.

Good morning,

My name is Tony,

I am a Noob!

Kind regards

Tony

As I read this topic I remembered that there is an option in WHMCS to add a note to an invoice. So I thought the TS did mean to have a standard text added to that note.

It would be a lot of work to edit the templates in order to add a seasonal note like 'season's greetings' or 'we wish you a happy New Year' etc.

Would it not be great to have an option within WHMCS to enter a text which would be automatically added to this very note section of every invoice?

LOL, then just add it to the template =P

It doesn't sound like a professional program if you will need to edit templates to add in a message for a few days... There just has to be an option in the program to do that.

I am speaking about temporary messages (which one might want to change every few days), not about permanent one off additions (which would be no problem changing it in the templates).

Think about quickly adding a special server offer to every invoice for a week. If you have to go and edit the templates, that's way to much bother.

First you have to know exactly which template to edit, you have to figure out how to get things on the right place, and if you mess up the whole template doesn't work...

I think this just has to be added as a feature!!!

Editing the templates is easy, if you want to add something to the invoices just edit viewinvoice.tpl

Thanks, but how would you get some lines of text located near the bottom of the page? I find it very hard to get it at the right place.

Thanks, but how would you get some lines of text located near the bottom of the page? I find it very hard to get it at the right place.

Your going to have to learn some html and just keep testing it. Maybe someone should hold your hand while your doing it too?

PS: editing viewinvoice.tpl is going to get you the custom note on the html version of the invoice, not the invoice email or the pdf. Your going to have to edit pdfconfig.php located in the includes folder. If you cant figure out how to make the customizations you want, then pay someone to do it for you. But since you advertise that your a web design company, you can probably figure it out yourself easily. Right? =P

It's easy to change the layout in includes/pdfconfig.php

as an example here is our own footer part printing company details on the last lines of each pdf invoice. I just changed our account numbers to xx as it is of no concern to anybody here.

Hope it helps

# Footer

$pdf->SetMargins(15, 27, 15); // left, top, right

$pdf->SetAutoPageBreak(TRUE, 5); // TRUE, margin down

$pdf->SetFooterMargin(5);

// $pdf->SetFooterFont(array('arial', '', 8)); // @array font, type (B, I, BI), size

// $pdf->SetFooterData($CONFIG["Domain"] . " - ".$_LANG["page"]." {pg} / {nb}");

$pdf->setPrintHeader(false);

$pdf->setPrintFooter(true);

// Factuur footer

$pdf->SetXY(15,-15); # Set Location

//Set font

$pdf->SetFont('Arial', '', 6.5); # Use 6.5pt Text

$pdf->SetTextColor(128);

//Centered text in a framed 80*5 mm cell and line break

$pdf->MultiCell(180, 3, "Bilderdijklaan 112 A - 3723 DG Bilthoven\nKvK 30191573 - BTW nr: NL.xxxxxxxxx.B.01 - Postbank xxxxxx - SWIFT / BIC code PSTBNL21 - IBAN NL 10 PSTB 000x xxxx xx\nOp al onze offertes, leveringen en diensten zijn onze Algemene Voorwaarden van toepassing, deze zijn altijd beschikbaar op http://www.dutch-net.nl", 0, 'C');

Hi

do you mean add it to the PDF? or the basic invoice template?

You could edit pdfconfig.php add a few Write() lines in if you want to add a perminate note there (company terms for example)

Or

the invoice template in your skins folder you could add some information there.

If im barking up the wrong tree and thats nothing like you ment. sorry :D

I tried this but unfortunatelly nothing happend.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It doesn't sound like a professional program if you will need to edit templates to add in a message for a few days... There just has to be an option in the program to do that.

I am speaking about temporary messages (which one might want to change every few days), not about permanent one off additions (which would be no problem changing it in the templates).

Think about quickly adding a special server offer to every invoice for a week. If you have to go and edit the templates, that's way to much bother.

First you have to know exactly which template to edit, you have to figure out how to get things on the right place, and if you mess up the whole template doesn't work...

I think this just has to be added as a feature!!!

Just a thought, if you wanted to change a message every few days on more than one type of invoice, couldn't you insert a php include into the different files? then whenever you want to change the message you just need to edit one php file to change them all.

Im not sure if this would work with whmcs or the emails tho

Joe

• 11 months later...
I agree.

I need to add basic company information such as ABN (Australian Business Number) and other references required by law here in Australia.

Not sure if this is catered for in the current system.

Good morning,

My name is Tony,

I am a Noob!

Kind regards

Tony

HI simple do what i did for my VAT reg in the UK

goto your admin area, setup, general setting and in the pay to text area, where you have your business name and address, just add your ABN etc under your address, this will then display in all invoices and pdf invoices.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...