Overage Billing Does not account for (deduct) bandwidth already on package as upgrade - plesk

krt463

Hello,

We have a customer with a hosting package that includes 10GB of bandwidth. They also have 10GB upgrade they are paying for providing a total allowance of 20GB.

They consumed a total of 39GB, and were billed for 29GB of bandwidth at the rate setup for the product under overages & billing.

WHMCS indicates that the system does not calculate/include any upgrades when calculating the overage fee's.

This sounds entirely strange. You would think if they are paying for 20GB total, it would have only billed them for 19GB overage, but that's not how it works. How is everyone else dealing with this?

We use the Plesk module.

The 10GB is an upgrade via configurable options. I see that this is a generic table and doesn't actually talk to the plesk module.

I guess I'm stuck with no automatic overage billing? Or is there a custom module out there people are using for overages billing in plesk?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

If your configurable option name is exactly "Bandwidth" then this will override the soft limit specified in the product configuration. So clients will only be billed overage above the value within the configurable option.

Documentation: http://docs.whmcs.com/Disk_Space_and_Bandwidth_Overage_Billing#Notes

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

I'd recommend changing the values to:

10|10GB Monthly Traffic (included)

20|20GB Monthly Traffic

30|30GB Monthly Traffic

WHMCS doesn't know that 10 GB Monthly Traffic (included)" means 10 units of bandwidth. But with the pipe there you can specify the system value first, and then have the human-friendly value which will be displayed to clients.