Permanent Global Client Ban for WHMCS

I am currently working on a WHMCS addon which will permanently ban a client. This will be for any service you provide under WHMCS (global). This is intended for those clients that have malicious chargebacks or any other outright abuse of ethical business practices.

Several people have contacted me over the last few months wanting a way to ban clients from ever signing up for business with their company again as there have been several cases by the same person returning months or a year later only to basically screw them again (<-- no offense intended with language, i just feel strong about this) with chargebacks and other malicious ways.

I know that nothing is perfect but i will do my best, and you can have faith that i will take this very seriously and cut them off every way i can. However i need some input from the public on this to make sure that the results are what you need.

My initial plan is to block them under these items:

IP

First Name

Last Name

Address (number and street)

City

State or Territory

Country

Email

Paypal Email

Bank account number

Credit card number

What i need to know is what do you think is best. Would you want it to flag on 1 item match such as just name, or would you want it to only match on several items or the whole thing.

We could set it up to just match on any two items such as:

email country

email name

email ip

ip name

name address

Bank First name

Bank Email

Will that work for you or do you think matching on the whole thing would be better. Such as matching 100% or 50% of the items, so it would be a on a percent basis? Or would you prefer to have option sets where you can change the agressiveness of the match flagging.

I know that there are companies out there that do this, however this needs to be set up on a much more personal basis. The reason why is because if the person cleans up their score with the other company they will not be flagged and they can just sign up no problem.

This needs to be a local flagging module.

Thanks...

dave

icodemods.com

Edited by durangod

I assume that everyone uses numbers only for their client id's i think 12 long is plenty but does anyone out there use alphanumeric for their client id. I am coding this as intval only so i thought i would ask.

here is another teaser - the addon page I did change that text to read after you close their account as their account has to be in closed status to add them to the list.

clientpermblockpage.jpg

Edited by durangod

Your welcome :), it will be released tomorrow, when i said tuesday or wednesday i forgot that yesterday was end of month bookkeeping day and i know i didnt have to do a ton compared to end of year but im not a bookeeper by heart and since we are a new LLC i had a pretty big learning curve to figure out what i had to do not only for bookeeping but also per our business operating agreement and to make sure everything was done as agreed. So sorry for the delay. But tomorrow for sure :)

I know i dont have to wait for WHMCS but i like to give them the courtesy of approving first even though its not vetted the way i think it should be or hope they will do so one day. Its still a courtesy deal because without them i have no addon ya know. I turned it in on the 25th so if i dont hear from them by tomorrow which i wont prob because its way early (they say 10 days) i will go ahead and release it... cause i know you all are waiting..

see ya tomorrow :)

i have to change my encryption, i was using AES_ENCRYPT and what a hunk of junk. So look like its gonna be another late night to get this ready for tomorrow. I will keep you updated but dont expect anything till about this time tomorrow, its 5pm now. I have to recode the sections, test and let a friend of mine who is very good test as well asap. So sorry about that, AES is just not relable enough for me and i want something that is php based not mysql based.

see ya asap.. :)

Sales for this will begin in the morning,10/3, the price will be $20, over 150 hours of work went into this so it is nice. WHMCS has approved and it is here. https://www.whmcs.com/appstore/3090/Client-PermBlock-Addon.html

Yes i was going to open the doors today but i woke up in the middle of the night and had a great idea. But working from home i kept getting interrupted so it put me behind. But tomorrow at 9am mountain time which is -6 DSTime If you would like to pre-order you may do so but contact me via the website or PM and i will activate the paypal to do so, or give you the address.

Thanks i know youll love it... it came out really nice and ill work on a video as well. The "B" man ill shoot you a copy sometime tonight :)

the website is here http://www.icodemods.com/client_permblock.html

Whoever ordered this with npinc i sent this over an hour ago to you but both emails came back to me undeliverable, i sent it to the admin address. Please give me a valid email so i can send you this module. thanks :)

UPDATE: thanks for getting back to me, i sent it to the alt address :) Please give feed back on your experience. :)

Edited by durangod

please please please be sure you give us a email that works. 3x now we have had to contact the buyer directly on their hosting site via their customer support ticket in order to give them their product. We cant continue to track you down if you dont give us a working email. Please, we dont care if is a personal email just give us one that works. thanks so much.

hipo i just sent you a support ticket on your site, please reply.. thanks

I have received several questions so i wanted to clear things up a bit.

Question: How come the refused does not increment in registration?

Answer: Actually it does, it adds 1 when they register the first time. Here is why you dont see it increment without phase 2 the financial phase.

Lets say that joe smith signs up and is flagged on several items. Do you really want it to just add 1 to the refused counter and close the account and miss out on creating another record which might have information that you dont already have, i know i dont. I know i want to be able to slowly sqeeze them into a corner with record after record if i have to in order to make them give up. Thats why there are at time dups allowed, it depends on the info and the key used. So the next time they try to register there will be more information to push them into that corner with the more info you have. Sometimes that means rather than just add a 1 to a counter which does you no good, you instead add a new record, well the system does. Once we get the phase 2 built there will be times that all the data matches and there is no reason to create a new record.

Remember they may not use the same email or other data when they register, but to purchase "if they get that far" then they will many times use the same cc or other payment info. And that is when the counter will increment.

Question: What is the id capture about?

Both of the id's are done for your reference and to allow us to one day build a client reputation array. Blocking on id is useless because they will never have the same one. We record that info so that we can one day build an array of record relationships which could be the same person so that you are able to possibly get a better picture or habbits they use and predict their next move and manually create a record to stop them in advance. Thats why we have both ids, it really has nothing to do with the blocking its simply archive and relationship storage one day.

Hope this helps.

icodemods.com

Version 1.1 released

From V1 to V1.1

added css file so users can edit the css to customize the look

added sort for each of the main page headers

cleaned up the main page headers to give more room for data

finished the auto update process

added sort images

fyi auto update does NOT mean there is a hook back to us like a data feed, actually i hate those things with a passion. It means that we have automated as much as we can for now the process of updating once you receive the files.

Edited by durangod

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, your addon seems to be very nice, do you think it work to stop spam from this kind of problem? http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?93239-Spam-Account-Keeps-Registering

Do you have a trial?

Hi, that very post is one of the posts that caused me to build the module in the first place. So yes it can help you in that case. There is no trial sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

Since our informative updates to our modules seems to be too frequent for the forum here. Beginning immediately, we will only be offering support for our products via our own company forum. Meaning we will not be replying to any requests here on this post. Post your question here at your own risk.

You can find excellent support for all of our products on our support forum. If a product is not listed you may post a question in the WHMCS forum section or general section. We want to be able to offer you as much information as possible and as freqently as possibleregarding our modules, without any hassle. So please register and ask your questions here at this link https://www.durangodaves.com/forum/index.php

Thanks for your time and faithful business.

dave

• 3 months later...

Folks please remember that we will send your product to your paypal email. There is a note right on the order page about this. Your paypal email is the only email we have for you when you order, so please check your paypal email before requesting a paypal refund for non delivery. We do deliver the product on time every time every day.

Maybe i will have to just put another field in the order form for email address, i was trying to avoid that because alot of people dont like doing that.

Anyway to the person that i just received the paypal issue from, if you read this.. Check your paypal email please or give me another email address to send this product to. I have contacted you at your yahoo, at your site admin email and also as a ticket with no reply from you.

Thanks and hope we can get this resolved asap.

Dave..

Hi,

I tried your addon actually it seems to do nothing more than a normal IP ban in my case.

I closed a client then tried to register with another account after loggin out but your script will not put it on ban automatically!

You can try it on my site and see that you can make over 100 acc if you change your IP like what my clients (all spammers do this.)

So please advice or issue a full refund as I though you have strong methods to check duplicate account registrations like cookies!

Also 99% of sites today use third party merchant so it's not depend to our local visa/master card records to check,

There is a very better working solutions to check compared to these adjustments you made!

I really disappointed.

Edited by dm800pvr

Hi, sorry that your having issues, did you watch the video on the addon

http://icodemods.com/client_permblock.html

The addon is designed in a similar way as maxmind but very local, local control, local records. It does do more than block the IP. It also closes the account and add them to the client permblock records. The most important part of it is to build up a base first of records. Then you will see that it does work great and it does do what its advertised to do, and that is to block people that you dont want to do business with.

The interal push factor is the key... it does match on certain items to set the match and then does its thing.

There are lots of examples of spammers signing up with stolen Credit Cards or fraudulant Credit Card Numbers so it is always not a merchant account. Also spammers use similar names or addresses or other details contained in the registration record. That is what this phase one version checks is those records. Phase 2 of the project will check them if they (by chance) get past phase 1 which is unlikely if you have a record on them on file.

When you closed the account did you add the record by record id to your perm block. In other words after you close the account go to the clients page of WHMCS and get the ID of the client you closed. Then use that id number to add that record to the perm block.

Now if you try to register again it will block you. And if you use some dif information and some similar infomation the push factor may catch that and block you.

Hope that helps.... if you want to skype let me know and we can set up a meeting :)

Dave

Edited by durangod