Configuring email accounts during the purchase process

keithop

Question

Hi - quick question (I hope)

We sell mail boxes mainly and at the moment in our current system people just buy 7, 11, 100 whatever amount they want of credits. Then they have to go into another system to configure those credits into mailboxes which is icky on so many levels. The main thing being the invoices just say 11 credits without specifying the mailbox details

Is there any way in WHMCS to have them configure the mailboxes they're buying inside WHMCS either at purchase time or after when they login to a client area? Then I guess the invoices could include some more detail than just "you've bought 23 boxes @ £1"

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

What system do they log into to configure the mailboxes? If there is a module that integrates with this system it is possible but your question is a bit on the vague side. Can you be more specific regarding the entire current checkout process.

Hi Ryan

So to be precise, consider us to be starting afresh with nothing, so we buy WHMCS.

What we're after either with WHMCS or with WHMCS + addons (which you may know of?) is this:-

Customer uses WHMCS shopping cart to buy 3 mailboxes.

They fill in their account and billing details and are charged for the purchases (+ monthly/annual billing setup)

They are now either

a) presented by a screen(s) where they can setup their 3 mailboxes by specifying name, email address etc.

or

b) able to login to whmcs (or addon) client area and setup their mailboxes there

note. I'm not at this point asking about provisioning the mailboxes on the servers (that comes later) but for now I'm just asking can WHMCS ask for and store the setup information needed for each mailbox bought?

If not, what does that mean for my customer buying mailboxes. Are we limited to just representing it as "9 mailboxes purchased" in whmcs ?

If by chance you're using cPanel or DirectAdmin you could look at: http://www.whmcs.com/addons/configurable-package-addon/ - You can then charge for the number of email accounts and this would cover everything from billing to creation. You can adjust the email templates to only give them the details they actually require.

From here you can look at either modifying the cPanel theme (or giving access to the mail theme) and giving them the cPanel login details to create an account OR you could combine the config package addon with ModulesGarden cPanel/DirectAdmin extended modules which will allow them to manage the email account creation within WHMCS directly.

Either way, you can adjust the email templates WHMCS sends out removing anything they don't need.

See here for a couple screenshots of the email management features from ModulesGarden:

Accounts: http://www.docs.modulesgarden.com/images/4/42/CP23.png

Forwarders: http://www.docs.modulesgarden.com/images/7/70/CP24.png