Change wording during checkout

aspidagrant

Hello all!

1. I am wanting to change the wording that is used on the "Configure" step of the checkout. Instead of it saying "Configurable Options" I want it to say Additional Features. Is this possible in the WHMCS dashboard or do you have to manually edit .tpl files?

2. Is there an option to change the wording in the Domain Options step? I would like for it to just say New Domain and Transfer domain.

Thank you!

1. You will need to change the language in the files. Go to templates -> Orderforms -> *your active order form* -> configproduct.tpl -> Find "{$LANG.orderconfigpackage}" and replace that with "Additional Features"

(You can also add the language phrase in whmcs/lang/english.php and then add that to the above template but that the above method will also work fine).

2. <snip> See: http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?92075-Change-wording-during-checkout&p=387254#post387254 for a better method ;).

Edited by Alex - Arvixe

Alex,

Thank you for the help. From this code which part do I change for the Configurable Options text to change:

{if $configurableoptions}

<p><strong>{$LANG.orderconfigpackage}</strong></p>

<p>{$LANG.cartconfigoptionsdesc}</p>

<div class="orderbox">

<table>

{foreach key=num item=configoption from=$configurableoptions}

<tr><td>{$configoption.optionname}:</td><td>

{if $configoption.optiontype eq 1}

<select name="configoption[{$configoption.id}]">

{foreach key=num2 item=options from=$configoption.options}

<option value="{$options.id}"{if $configoption.selectedvalue eq $options.id} selected="selected"{/if}>{$options.name}</option>

{/foreach}

</select>

The phrases I want to change are when you go to step 2 of the checkout process it says:

-I Want to register my own domain

- I want to transfer my domain

I want to simplify this and just make it "Register now" and "transfer"

Thank you!

You can create a language override file which has priority over the "default" language files that come with WHMCS:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Language_Overrides

To elaborate on this a little more, to accomplish what you want to do you do not want to edit the english.php file directly. This file is often overwritten during software updates and any changes you make will be lost. The language override option allows you to make the changes you are trying to do without having to worry about them being overwritten in future versions.

To create an override you first need to create a folder called 'overrides' in the lang directory. Then you will want to create a english.php file inside of the new overrides directory you just created. Make sure you start english.php with the '<?php' tag. Then you will want to add the variables to the english.php file you are trying to edit. In your post the variables you want to change are:

orderconfigpackage

orderdomainoption1part1

orderdomainoption1part2

orderdomainoption3

I will focus on just the orderconfigpackage variable. In the original english.php it is listed as:

$_LANG['orderconfigpackage'] = "Configurable Options";

In your override file you will want to list it like this:

$_LANG['orderconfigpackage'] = "Additional Features";

Now, it should say 'Additional Features' instead of 'Configurable Options'. You will need to repeat this with the other variables you wish to change in your overrides english.php file. A good idea would be to look at the original english.php file, it will give you a good idea of how the language variables work.

--Thanks

Thank you for the help everyone, that worked. In regards to my other question:

2. Is there an option to change the wording in the Domain Options step? I would like for it to just say New Domain and Transfer domain.

Is this possible? I would like to simplify the wording when someone is on the 'Domain Options' (step 2) of the checkout process.

Thank you for the help everyone, that worked. In regards to my other question:

Is this possible? I would like to simplify the wording when someone is on the 'Domain Options' (step 2) of the checkout process.

Yes, exactly as visiba and Ryan said - by including the texts in your overrides english.php file. Just copy the following into it and change the text to whatever you want:

$_LANG['orderdomainoption1part1'] = "I want";

$_LANG['orderdomainoption1part2'] = "to register a new domain for me.";

$_LANG['orderdomainoption2'] = "I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain.";

$_LANG['orderdomainoption3'] = "I want to transfer my domain to";

Vox thanks for the clarification. I noticed that he responded to both questions initially and I was able to get it to work.

Thanks for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

This works perfectly. Is there a way to remove my company name from the language? It says:

"Register a new domain with Company"

"I want to transfer my domain to Company"

I would prefer for it to be simple:

"Register a new domain"

"I want to transfer my domain"

Is it possible to remove the company name? Thank you!

This works perfectly. Is there a way to remove my company name from the language? It says:

"Register a new domain with Company"

"I want to transfer my domain to Company"

I would prefer for it to be simple:

"Register a new domain"

"I want to transfer my domain"

Is it possible to remove the company name? Thank you!

The steps I provided earlier work for any language variable. You just need to find the appropriate variable in the english.php file and add it to your override file with the text you want it to display.

--Thanks

The steps I provided earlier work for any language variable. You just need to find the appropriate variable in the english.php file and add it to your override file with the text you want it to display.

--Thanks

The problem is that it adds in the company name - and there is no variable on the language file for that.

ie. I want Mycompany ltd to register a new domain for me --- how do we not show Mycompany ltd when it adds it in automatically?

The variables are:

$_LANG["orderdomainoption1part1"] = "I want";

$_LANG["orderdomainoption1part2"] = "to register a new domain for me";

if we do do a override file - it will still add in the Mycompany ltd

You can try removing {$companyname} from the configureproductdomain.tpl so it looks like the following

<div><label><input type="radio" name="domainoption" value="register" id="selregister" onclick="document.getElementById('register').style.display='';document.getElementById('transfer').style.display='none';document.getElementById('owndomain').style.display='none';document.getElementById('subdomain').style.display='none';document.getElementById('incart').style.display='none'" /> {$LANG.orderdomainoption1part1} {$LANG.orderdomainoption1part2}</label></div>

--Thanks