Multiple pricing tiers ?

eva2000

Question

Hi I have never used WHMCS itself from admin site so was wondering how easy it would be to setup products with multiple pricing tiers for different types of customers ?

For instance 2 levels of customers where the price for product A would be

level 1 = $10

level 2 = $5

and then depending on the customer link them to pricing page specific for that level ?

Also is it possible to require approval before a customer can make payment for an order ?

thanks

10 answers to this question

The easiest way to achieve this depending on the link they click to signup would be to link to a coupon. Lets say you have 3 tiers, 1: $10, 2: $5 and 3: $2.50 - Create a product for $10, use this link with your tier 1 clients and they'll have to pay the full $10.

For tier 2 and 3, create 2 coupon codes to overwrite the price to $5 and $2.50 respectively. Now you can create a link that applies the tier coupon codes automatically giving the discounted price. The proper link to a direct product order link would be: &promocode=xxxx but adding it to cart.php itself would be: ?promocode=xxxxxxx

If you're unsure how, let me know and I'll go into more detail.

Approval before a payment can be made, probably MaxMind through MaxMind if you set the figures right: http://docs.whmcs.com/MaxMind - WHMCS has some built in options to require approval but I believe that is for after payments have been made before setting up products.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Another way to arrange this would be using client groups. Level 1 clients might be charged the default product pricing (ie. full price). You can then assign users to different client groups manually which give them different percentage discounts: http://docs.whmcs.com/Client_Groups

N.B. This discount would apply to all invoices, not just specific products.

Hi John,

I know that the way you propose is valid for domains, but how would that work for products?

In Setup -> Products/Services -> Products/Services -> [Product] -> TAB "Pricing" there is no client group based dropdown like for domain pricing.

Could you please explain how we can setup this?

Thank you,

Marco

thanks John and Alex, looks like coupon code route would be best. Going to try WHMCS out and see how it goes.

Oh guess one more question is status of WHMCS + PHP 5.5 + ioncube support ? I usually run Nginx, PHP 5.5.15 + Zend Opcache, MariaDB 5.5 MySQL + CSF Firewall for my servers

The client group discount is a percentage that gets applied, at invoice stage, for products.

Re-read the linked page and it will make a little more sense. And try treating a group for a test customer and proceed with an order. I always find the best way to know how something works is by doing it :)

The coupon code gets messy. From experience I know that customers often forget to enter and validate it so it creates more work for us to refund and correct the account. YMMV.

Hi,

Another way to arrange this would be using client groups. Level 1 clients might be charged the default product pricing (ie. full price). You can then assign users to different client groups manually which give them different percentage discounts: http://docs.whmcs.com/Client_Groups

N.B. This discount would apply to all invoices, not just specific products.

I did think of this but I don't think it would meet the OP's requirements. Specifically, I don't believe (unless with a module) you can have a link which would automatically assign clients to a specific product so the first invoice would always be 'tier 1' until manually assigned. Or am I missing something?

The coupon code gets messy. From experience I know that customers often forget to enter and validate it so it creates more work for us to refund and correct the account. YMMV.

You can automatically apply a coupon code through 'Linking to WHMCS'. If the client does forget, you could just do a partial refund or credit refund and apply the coupon.

The client group discount is a percentage that gets applied, at invoice stage, for products.

Re-read the linked page and it will make a little more sense. And try treating a group for a test customer and proceed with an order. I always find the best way to know how something works is by doing it :)

You could hard code links which pass the coupon directly in the order link, then they can't forget to add the coupon since its applied automatically.

I don't see why it would be messy. Someone must be pretty dumb not to notice the final price and still hit the checkout button anyway. Its probably they know this already, they are aware you will fix it on your side, so they are just lazy and order as usually with the regular price and just ask you to fix it on your part after it, creating more burden on your part.

I would not fix an order like that unless its a very isolated case. If someone orders without a coupon and discount, then its done already ordered. If you keep your refund/order policy in place, they will make the mistake only once and learn the hard way. Assuming your group of users is doing the error over and over again, since its hard to justify someone is not aware, since WHMCS makes it very clear when a discount is applied as well the end price on checkout. If this are new customers in some promotion, then just pass the coupon directly in the order link, then they don't even have to enter the coupon manually.