Ideas on how to fix this small privacy bug in WHMCS?

So I realized a couple year ago that the RSS feeds in WHMCS provide a small privacy bug because they allow users outside the WHMCS or users inside WHMCS but who should have no access to updates access to the news and info on the rss feeds.

So I solved this issue by renaming announcementsrss.php to announcementsrssi6567688.php and networkissuesrss.php to networkissuesrss245232324.php so now users can't access it or find it.

But I realized that these become obsolete and unusable when we upgrade because the old files are placed back. Unfortunately there is no tpl for these files and these RSS files are encoded so the only way to fix it is to rename.... but when a new version comes out we need to manually delete the files or rename them again....

I would much rather have a good future-proofing method to solve this privacy bug once and for all. Is there a good method to stop/halt/delete/remove the RSS feeds forever?

Sorry for my delay. Yes thank you, that is a good way to fix it and I will use this method. It is still not 100% fool-proof because I still manually need to make notes to my staff not to remove those lines if we overwrite things.

A cleaner way is to have an option within WHMCS for "Privacy" that allows those to be turned on or off. I use many WHMCS developers for programming, and I can "spy" on their internal messages becasue I know the URLs to visit. So having a Privacy Setting for admins would fix this. I'm sure many WHMCS users are not aware of this leak?