products.tpl in modern order form customisation help

Hello Everyone

I need help or advice on editing the products.tpl page in the modern order form template folder? What I am doing is actually splitting the page into two pages so I will need to make another tpl page for that form. The first page will only display the categories as rectangular boxes which I have done. The second page will display the products in the selected category that you pick from the first page with a back button to go back to the category selection page. The second part is the part I haven't done cause I am not sure how to go about doing it. I still want to use the product links and gids but I think it is the cart.php file that is the problem which is part of the category and product links.

What should I do? Should I bypass the cart.php file in the links? :?:

I don't think that you need two pages for what you're trying to so - you should be able to do it within the one file, products.tpl, probably with one (or more) {if} statements.

e.g., if you set your default order form template to slider, or set the order form template for the first product group to slider, then it will open with the categories headings in boxes...

so if you take a look at the code in slider/products.tpl and find out how it both initially displays the categories and also the individual products, you should be able to adapt your current code to show both categories and products at the correct time.

additionally, you may need to tweak the categories table when shown on the product page and change it to link back to itself to show the categories.

I wasn't using the default template order form I was using the modern order form template. I will have a look at the slider template and see if I can use that instead. So long as you modify it so that when you click on a category it hides the rest of the other categories when it shows the products in that group. I want to use a back button instead to go back to the category selection.

Okay. I changed the order form to slider and the products page is much better than the modern order form products page. I managed to get rid of the show categories div dropdown and changed the choose categories to a button that loops back to the where you select the categories as boxes. :)