EasyWHMCS

Is this addon module worth purchasing?

I don't know much about coding outside of that needed in Wordpress websites. Although Im not integrating WHMCS with Wordpress at present, I am looking for a fast and easy method of adding/editing WHMCS pages on the client frontend.

Also, I have purchased a premium theme from whmcsthemes (gatordomain theme). I feel it may have been a waste of money as the theme essentially is just a full width with a whole heap of images that made it look like something more than it really is!

I need to fix the following problems...

1. double row of menus on certain pages (it seems any pages related to the WHMCS integration)

2. be able to add more page templates (e.g add sidebars)

see my attached images for a look at the theme

goannawebsites_WHMCSthemes.png

goannawebsites_WHMCSthemes_Cart.png

I believe EasyWHMCS is just a company that offers addons. From the thread, I assume you're referring to their content management system addon?

I have not personally purchased this addon so I can't comment but adding pages is fairly simple. WHMCS has a guide on it here: http://wiki.whmcs.com/Creating_Pages

As for your theme, have you tried in another browser (It looks like you're currently using Internet Explorer). Can we get a link to your site to take a look?

G.day Alex.

sorry I was thinking that perhaps you would notice the URL on the attached image:twisted:

its goannawebsites.com.au (hope Im allowed to post URL)

The theme is definitely a fizzer. Its a lovely look, but like an uncle of mine once said about some 3d drawings I sent him of a house extension he was wanting to build..."its just a bunch of pretty pictures"!:cry:

Hello adamjedgar,

Please review this thread - http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?21209-How-to-hide-quicknav-from-order-page/page2 - on how to hide the navigation bar on certain pages. The link provided earlier by sentq should help you create additional pages from within this theme. You may also want to check out whmcsthemes.com to see if they have any guides available for modifying their templates.

--Thanks

Hello adamjedgar,

Please review this thread - http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?21209-How-to-hide-quicknav-from-order-page/page2 - on how to hide the navigation bar on certain pages. The link provided earlier by sentq should help you create additional pages from within this theme. You may also want to check out whmcsthemes.com to see if they have any guides available for modifying their templates.

--Thanks

Yes, by Sentq.

Looks like the OP has decided to evaluate other options and is no longer using WHMCS :(

• 2 weeks later...

Its ok guys,

i am back on with whmcs...i just got a little fustrated with how awkward it is for someone new to customise it.

I am so used to Wordpress, where customising via adding/editing/creating new pages, nav menu items etc is far more straightforward.

WHMCS really need to build this kind of stuff into their administration panel instead of requiring a new user to blast their way into .tpl files with what appear to me to be really unconventional and inconsistent names!

1. What is the easiest way to remove the deafault WHMCS menu that shows up when i navigate to "domains" for example?

2. In fact im probably not wanting that menu to ever show up on my site at all...is this wise under the circumstances? Are there simple alternatives? (i really am only interested in keeping this site clean and simple for now...all that other stuff may get re-included in the site at a later stage.

Looking at the page source for your site editing the wording for packages and such seems easy enough to have it more YOUR way. For images you can get a program called GIMP and it will edit png files. Then if you need anymore help post here or when you get the ability to PM send me one and I will help you out as best I can

what i meant is that he will need to place this menu URLs in some place else, so his clients can navigate easily to Invoices, Tickets, etc :)

Hi guys,

thanks for your input.

What i actually did was comment out the "else" statement in the header.tpl (lines 223-249)...

My understanding of this statement is statement is...if the user is not logged in display the nav menu.

By only commenting this out i figured... if a client is logged into my website, the WHMCS menu is still available in its default location and with all of the default WHMCS items.

My assumption is correct yes?

At the moment i am having other problems

1. i cannot remove any slides from the slider on the home page (by commenting them out for example), because it seems to completely go nuts on page formatting when i attempt to do that. (ie i get double slides showing up one under the other..even when i have only got a single slide uncommented)

2. I also need to edit the prices in the packets above the Banner headings on each of the slides... ie .com=$70 per year, .info=$50 per year etc. I thought these were photoshopped in? I opened images in GIMP edited out the prices, then uploaded them back to my site, but its not working as i expected (the original images are still displaying somehow) Are images cloned to two places in WHMCS?

Edit....

I deleted the 3 banner images found inside my template>html>images folder ...and blast...the front end is still displaying them. Where on earth is it getting them from?

Edit 2....shame on me, my browser was caching images but not other files! As soon as i changed browser, image problem solved

Edited by adamjedgar

aaaahhhhhh that might be why it isnt working so well. I am not very familiar with smarty format, and have been using html comments (<!-- -->)

I will try that now and post an edit.

woohoo, i owe you many thanks.:!: Problem solved.

Actually, what is absolutely frustrating about the commenting method i used....i used the exact same comment format used by theme developers in the gator template! (they have html comments all through it)

cheers

Adam

Edited by adamjedgar