Mobile edition v2 release and functionality

Real Webspace

Just had a couple of questions about this: http://www.whmcs.com/addons/mobile-edition/

1) Version 2.0 Currently in Beta, Is there an estimated release date?

2) are betas full or do I need to buy it first to be part of it?

3) There are some issues loading the "Manage Products/Services" will this be fixed in V2, or is this a limitation on on the demo?

4)Where is the correct forum to discuss this developlement?

Thanks,

Avid WHMCS user on-the-go :)

WHMCS broke their mobile addon with a release of WHMCS, and then later released this beta which is still incomplete. I don't know how long ago that was--seems like it was forever ago. To my knowledge nothing further has happened with it, so I would not advise you to purchase it. iWHMCS has stagnated as well and wouldn't be a smart buy either.

Yep, it's been in beta for well over a year, so the chances of it being released for production use any time soon seem less than high. Happy to be contradicted by a WHMCS rep with news of an imminent release, but I'm not holding my breath.

As for iWHMCS, just read the reviews in iTunes, that will tell you all you need to know.

I never even considered the apps as a viable alternative. just looking at hte screenshots it was a huge dissapointment. Also doesn't solve the multi-platform issue, a web app, or responsive design is much better.

Does anyone have access to the beta section to see if there is anything going on in there? I'd be happy to beta test and modify the code myself. I'm pretty sure its just a theme usinf the jQueryMobile templates, and since admins can select their theme doesn't sound too hard to fix...

@WHMCSstaff anybody willing to give me a whirl to fix this thing?

Does anyone have access to the beta section to see if there is anything going on in there? I'd be happy to beta test and modify the code myself. I'm pretty sure its just a theme usinf the jQueryMobile templates, and since admins can select their theme doesn't sound too hard to fix...

Probably worth looking at a third party if one exists or have one built if this is very important to you. No recent threads about the progression of the mobile app/themes in the beta sections (primarily filled with 5.3 beta content).

• 4 months later...

The link to the Mobile Edition is dead and the Addons page is not showing it anymore.

It also doesn't seem to be available in the Addons section of WHMCS's Shopping Cart.

Is the Mobile Edition dead even before it comes out of BETA?

The link to the Mobile Edition is dead and the Addons page is not showing it anymore.

It also doesn't seem to be available in the Addons section of WHMCS's Shopping Cart.

Is the Mobile Edition dead even before it comes out of BETA?

I noticed that too, but it still works as it should for me

Just got a response from them in my Sales ticket:-

We have discontinued the Mobile Edition as our developers would like to focus more on native apps for iPhone, Android and Windows.

I'm not sure if this is the right direction to take though.

I would very much prefer to have a responsive Admin theme that has a consistent user interface for our staffs and can be locked down to our internal network.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

The admin theme is becoming more responsive in v6.0 onwards whilst retaining the same 'Blend' appearance on full-screen computers. At conference this year we demoed responsiveness on the following pages so far:

• Admin Homepage
  • Client Summary Page
  • General Settings

Hi,

The admin theme is becoming more responsive in v6.0 onwards whilst retaining the same 'Blend' appearance on full-screen computers. At conference this year we demoed responsiveness on the following pages so far:

• Admin Homepage
  • Client Summary Page
  • General Settings

Thanks John for confirming that you will be working on making the Admin theme responsive as well.

May I know if there's any plans to open up more sections of the Admin template (most of them are currently encoded) to allow third-party companies like WHMCSDesigns.com to create a custom responsive Admin theme?

With the current amount of encoded files, it is almost impossible to create a custom Admin theme that is responsive.

Just got a response from them in my Sales ticket:-

I'm not sure if this is the right direction to take though.

I would very much prefer to have a responsive Admin theme that has a consistent user interface for our staffs and can be locked down to our internal network.

So WHMCS have now decided that all their users must have an iPhone, Android or Windows Phone. what about other smartphones like Blackberry or other non Android smartphones. Are these not allowed to run WHMCS on their phones?

Just got this from WHMCS

Thank you for contacting WHMCS!

We have now discontinued the development of the Mobile Edition in order to focus on the native apps such as Android, iPhone and Windows.

As you have purchased the addon back in 2013 we can change this to an app of your choice for free. Please let us know which addon you would like to use on your mobile device. Please be aware at this time the Windows app is still in development and is not available.

If you do not wish to have an alternative addon, please let me know if you would prefer the amount paid for the Mobile App as credit on your account here with us, this will be used automatically on any future generated invoices, or a refund to a PayPal account of your choice. If you choose to have a refund back to a PayPal account please provide the email address for this.

Regards,

Kim

Customer Service

^ Sounds pretty reasonable to me, some good choices there.

No really if like me and have a Blackberry or if you don't have a smartphone so the iPhone App, Android App and Windows App would be of no use unless WHMCS is also going to cover the costs for all their users to have one of these phones (which i doubt will never happen), so they are penalising any users that does not have an iPhone, Android or Windows phone.

Time marches on. Devices get upgraded.

..so they are penalising any users that does not have an iPhone, Android or Windows phone.

This is incorrect.

If you choose to have a refund back to a PayPal account please provide the email address for this.

This thread has served it's purpose and so is now closed.