Starting a new set up... want to make sure I am on the right track.

cstrutton

Question

I am planning on launching a new hosting service for a niche market. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on and would like some feed back. I just want to be sure I am on the right track.

My plan is to market a website and a custom app (implemented as a server) as a package. I want to start out using WHMCS to manage billing and provisioning. I want to use Virtualmin as a client control panel. I am just not sure where to start.

I believe I need to install Virtualmin on my VPS. Then I need to install WHMCS into a domain on that server (along with a couple of unrelated personal sites). From there WHMCS can provision other servers and automate the setup Wordpress and my custom server app.

Am I understanding this correctly?

1 answer to this question

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

I've moved this to the Pre-Sales forum.

Once WHMCS is installed it can be used to automatically handle the ordering, billing and provisioning of hosting accounts on your server. We do have a Virtualmin Pro module, so you can certainly use WHMCS on such a server.

As standard WHMCS cannot automatically install scripts on a client's account, but if you search our app store you may well find some unofficial addons that do: http://www.whmcs.com/appstore