Renew old License or Buy New?

JimBeam

Question

I installed WHMCS on my server nearly a year ago but never had the time to pursue much more than that. My license expired the following month and has not been used since. During this time I never hosted any domains or gained any clients.

Now that I have the time to actually invest in a small hosting business, should I just renew my old license, or should I get a new license and install everything from scratch?

I question which is best because I invested a good deal of time into setting everything up on my server, getting everything setup and working in WHMCS, and with my domain registrars, etc, so it would be nice not to have to do all of that over again.

At the same time I'm sure there have been many updates and db changes in the last year, and for this reason it might be good to just go with a new install.

Thoughts appreciated...

2 answers to this question

http://www.whmcs.com/order-now/

After the first year, support & updates access can be optionally renewed to maintain access at a cost of$44.95 per year.

you can renew your license for one year with low cost unless you need to use multiple WHMCS installations,

you may download the latest version of WHMCS after that and upgrade your system or make fresh installation and setup everything from the beginning

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

It sounds like you used to have a leased licence, in which case you would need to purchase a new one.

If you've still got the WHMCS files and database present, there's no need to re-install from scratch. You can just enter your new licence key when promoted and pick up from where you left off.

I thinksentq assumed you had an owned licence.