Support Department Restriction

Greeting members of WHMCS!

I am here today to present you with my first addon, a restrictive addon for support departments.

Who is this for?

This module would be ideal for users who have large companies running WHMCS or simply require more control of their system.

What does this do?

This addon allows (full) administrators to restrict other administrators from editing or deleting certain clients or products based on their support department. You can specify whether an administrator can edit or delete clients based on their client group or products in general.

Screenshots:

f9bae13807.png

Where can I get it?

This module is available for purchase from my site DubTech for $15

When can I get it?

Users may place there order and purchase the addon whenever they'd like, however the orders must manually be accepted in order to use it (I'm working on fixing this!)

Why does this cost $15?

This addon may be expensive, but college costs more. I'm in need of money to cover costs for college, car insurance, and the tools I used to build and license this. I'm releasing 10 promotion codes to allow users to get this at a discounted price since this is my first addon and it's in beta. You can purchase the addon for one low price of $5 and keep it when the full (official) version is released.

Promo code: DT-First

The addon is simple, yes, but it gets the job done for now. I released this early (beta) to have it tested out by everyone else, after I tested it countless times, and so that users who need this module can get the core aspect of it sooner. I'll modify it more in the future, patching bugs and adding more abilities to it so users can get more from it rather than just a few switches and whatnot. I know the access denied page is a little plain, but I'm not sure how else to go about it (I can't figure out how to make a message appear on a page created by WHMCS).

As for the activation, I'm using a custom PayPal module (one which doesn't require business accounts) and still need to work out some of it (hopefully soon).

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, feel free to leave them below!

3f956502b1.png

66314ea5ec.png

ad9cd22c30.png

Hi,

What is the difference then using WHMCS's internal department assigning ?

Any administrator that is not assigned to a department will never see their tickets.

Eli.

This has nothing to do with the tickets, it allows administrators to allow or deny access of other administrators to certain products or client groups.

Allow me to give you a scenario as where this could be used.

Say I own a large webhosting company, or any type of company that chooses to use whmcs.

Now lets say that you manage a small part of this large company, such as a specific set of products or a certain group of clients. For instance, you manage the basic members of a wehbhosting company only, not the premium or upgraded ones.

With this addon, I can assign you to a support department (which could be public or private) and deny you access to the clients that aren't basic or products that aren't basic. This way I know for sure that my basic support is only managing the basic cllients and products and not interfering with the premium products.

Keep in mind that this doesn't cover every aspect of the site. This addon only covers editing and deleting of clients and products, as well as closing client accounts. If people request for it, I could extend it to restrict other actions.

Also, if you only want half of the group to be able to modify a client, you can tweak it between this addon and the administrator role permissions.

- - - Updated - - -

My apologies for anyone who may be interested in this but it appears that my webhosting provider is having some down time at the moment.

We were experiencing a hardware problem with the web hosting server. We have a datacenter technician working on the system at this time and we'll update you with any information as soon as it becomes available. We apologize for any inconvenience and we're working as quickly as possible to restore service.

At this time, we believe this is either due to a physical hardware problem, or a linux kernel problem. Either way, we are investigating the root cause of these service disruptions, and we will update you when we have more information as soon as we have it.

Edited by Dubz31337
Typo

• 1 month later...

Hi Dubz,

is this addon encrypted?

I'm a developer too and I wanna buy it, but in case I find something wrong or need to change some feature, I wish I could change it myself, since I don't know how long it could take for you to answer any support issue.

Yes, this addon is encrypted to help reduce the chance of source leaking and to ensure users who use it have purchased it.

As for the features, I am open to suggestions for changing or adding on, however I can't guarantee everything. One part which I need to look into fixing, for instance, is the access denied page, which is pretty hard to change when you can't access the normal templates. I'll see into changing this at some point, but in the meantime the message and link-back is enough of a band-aid patch for the time being. :-P

I am usually pretty quick on the support since I have the support departments set to email me on new tickets or responses and I get notifications on my computer and tablet. The only reason I would not get it right away is if I am sleeping or special occasions when I am not available.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

we are having trouble with your addon. I'm getting the message "Your DubTech license key is not valid for this Addon.". When trying to contact you via ticket, it wasn't possible, since your domain "dubtech.biz" is offline.

Did you discontinue this addon? If it's the case, could you send us the code unencrypted?

We need it to operate our WHMCS.

Thanks.

Yes, this addon is encrypted to help reduce the chance of source leaking and to ensure users who use it have purchased it.

As for the features, I am open to suggestions for changing or adding on, however I can't guarantee everything. One part which I need to look into fixing, for instance, is the access denied page, which is pretty hard to change when you can't access the normal templates. I'll see into changing this at some point, but in the meantime the message and link-back is enough of a band-aid patch for the time being. :-P

I am usually pretty quick on the support since I have the support departments set to email me on new tickets or responses and I get notifications on my computer and tablet. The only reason I would not get it right away is if I am sleeping or special occasions when I am not available.

• 9 months later...